Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Louisiana Team

Saw in the Wiki that a Louisiana Team had been formed. Just curious if there are any other Louisiana users out there?
    hal

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Re: Louisiana Team

Quote Originally Posted by hfw View Post
    Saw in the Wiki that a Louisiana Team had been formed. Just curious if there are any other Louisiana users out there?
    hal
    I am one. I have been looking for a LA team but could not find one here in the forum. Thanks for pointing out the wiki.

Michael

Bah! There is just a template for the Louisiana LoCo team in the wiki.That tells me the wiki admins have reserved a place for the Louisiana LoCo team in the future but the team has yet to be organized. We should find others and get a team going.
    Last edited by Axxium; August 15th, 2007 at 02:24 PM.

Beans

Your wiki page was created because others have expressed interest in starting the team. It looks like they need your help though.

I'd suggest contacting the irc channels listed on the wiki and/or starting the launchpad team. The team name should probably be ubuntu-louisiana. More information: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams

Regards,

-james.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I'll get it started in the next few days... I've got a lot of experience with teams.

Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It's not hard to start a LoCo. The trick is to find a couple people and it will build on its own. The key is, presentation and activity. The presentation will show potential users the drive and the activity will show interest in the group.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well,

The IRC Channel is up #ubuntu-louisiana. Nobody there but me and a couple of national mentor at the moment.

-hal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This is common to see. It was almost a week before I started to see any activity. Once the channel is there, people will start to show up and pop in. You'll see.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Well I'm the middle of remodeling my kitchen so I be there later as I said. I know once the group is up and running it will grow.

Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Ok, I've got about half of the team's resources set up and the rest are on the way. You can peep into the wiki to see the progress. I get more info to you when it's ready for "prime-time".

Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Michael,

Thanks for the work you are putting in to get our group started. If I can help out I would be happy to.

Hal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast