Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official Backports Launched!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Official Backports Launched!

Retry. Maybe your connection to the server was interrupted.
    STOP!
    Before you sign up to Dropbox, click here to read my post showing you how to get an additional 500mb free! That's 2.5GB of free space!

Beans

Had the same problem. Ran the command in the terminal (didn't save it..how?). It works now! Thanks!

Beans

Great to see backports as an official Ubuntu project. Just one question though: when will you start supporting Breezy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by vrln
    Great to see backports as an official Ubuntu project. Just one question though: when will you start supporting Breezy?
    After the development of Breezy is complete and it is realeased and development has begun on the next release of Ubuntu called Dapper Drake.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by vrln
    The backports project ports packages that are in the current Ubuntu in development. Right now, that means the project port packages that are included in Breezy Development. So if you are concerned that these nice packages in the backports will not be available in the Breezy release, don't worry, these are already in Breezy.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DancingSun
    The backports project ports packages that are in the current Ubuntu in development. Right now, that means the project port packages that are included in Breezy Development. So if you are concerned that these nice packages in the backports will not be available in the Breezy release, don't worry, these are already in Breezy.
    Then, how about "ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net" now? it seems this machine was done for a while?!

Beans

w32codecs and sun-j2re1.5 packages seem to be missing from both the new official backports and the old mirrormax ones. What gives?

edit: the problem isn't isolated to me

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

for some reason i still have them ionstalled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Vicsun
    w32codecs and sun-j2re1.5 packages seem to be missing from both the new official backports and the old mirrormax ones. What gives?

edit: the problem isn't isolated to me
    where can I find theses prackages? I only really want to use the offial repos

Beans
    Hidden!

I have two basic questions:

1) Before, I was told to add "bleeding" to my backports repo line. Now it doesn't work. What is/was bleeding and is it now dead?

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-backports main universe multiverse restricted bleeding

2) What is "Staging" and should I add it?

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-backports-staging main universe multiverse restricted

Thanks for your help.

Rory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast