Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans

Introduce yourself

I dont know about you but i dont know very much about the other team members, (probably because Gaim doesnt like IRC when i use it, odd).

So lets introduce ourselves.

I am bobbo, im 14, i live in Edinburgh, Scotland and use Ubuntu 7.10. Im totally new to the LoCo team but i have been on here for a bit. Also been lurking in the Ubuntu-UK mailing list for about a month.
    Today we have 15 minutes of fame, tomorrow 15 minutes of anonymity.
    My Blog | Veza - Opensource TinyURL clone with sensible URLs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Introduce yourself

James Grabham, Live in Durham, been using ubuntu off and on (and more recently on constantly :]) for over a year now.
    My home page

Member of the Esoteric Order of LaRoza - Resistance Is Futile.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Lawrence (Lozz) Sears. I've been using Ubuntu for somewhere around two months, live in Oxfordshire & have been on the UK mailing list for a few weeks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

My name's Chris, I'm from East Yorkshire and I'm an Ubuntuholic...

I'm in my late twenties, partnered (that's what you say when you never bothered to get married 'officially'), have one small child and work in the IT sector.

I'm interested in marketing Ubuntu and helping people fix stuff wherever I can.

I've been involved with Ubuntu-UK for a few months now and hope to continue much longer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I'm in Swindon, started using Ubuntu in February, and made the switch completely in April - my teenagers use XP occasionally for games, but otherwise they've switched too. I've been on the mailing list and IRC for a few months, mostly lurking.

My favourite IT word is "free".

Beans

Hi,

I'm Paladine (despite my forum nick) and I hang out in the UK irc channel on freenode. You may have seen my blog on planet but I am not on the mailing list. Started using unix in 1992, started using Linux in 1997, been using Ubuntu for about 18 months and currently I run Gutsy Gibbons.

I also run Linux on my iPAQ which is set up as a webserver (see sig) and I am currently running a letter campaign against the BBC's decision to restrict their iPlayer service to Microsoft Windows XP.

I am 33, have a 20 month old son and a partner called Heather, about to enter the 3rd year of my Information Systems and Applied Sociology degree with the plan of hopefully starting a PhD towards the end of next year.

Have worked in IT all my adult life and started out programming when I was 17, moved into systems testing the benefit system in 1992 for the DHSS. I have worked in ISPs as well as teaching, support and consulting. Nowadays my efforts are more political in nature and for my PhD I am hoping to research the relationship between technology and society.

Nice to meet you all.

Paladine

Beans

Hi all!

I`m Bob Mitchell, 30, from Perth, Scotland.
    Only just got married to a beautiful American lady, who now stays with me here in the UK.
    I work for Scottish and Southern Energy, been here 9 years now - currently part of the SCADA support team (google SCADA for boredom).

Been using Ubuntu alongisde XP on the desktop since it's first release, but been using unix/linux professionally and educationally for almost 14 years now.

Ok, that should be enough for the identity thieves to get started...

.mitch

Beans

"Pricey", Apart from York LUG, I crewed LRL 2007 and met quite a few ubuntu-uk people including Mr LoudMouthMan (Nik Butler) Mez popey (who i'd already seen in sevilla) and Daviey to name but a few. Really need to attend some more events
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbocanfly View Post
    probably because Gaim doesnt like IRC when i use it, odd.
    pfft...
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install xchat
    or... if you're feeling really hardcore:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install irssi
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Wow! IRC is addictive XChat is much better than mIRC
    Today we have 15 minutes of fame, tomorrow 15 minutes of anonymity.
    My Blog | Veza - Opensource TinyURL clone with sensible URLs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm saying hi, I'm British and I hope to come back at some point in the future (maybe in a few years) I'm currently in boston/usa running the MA LoCo group. Programmer from Widnes, Cheshire and used to work in London for a bit.

Any British LoCo culture you guys can advise me on and I'll make sure it spreads here
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast