Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm Leigh, 26 from Manchester.

I work for an oil company as an analyst and play with computers and flamenco guitars in my spare time.

I'm currently dual-booting XP and Kubuntu 7.04 (64bit) but will be changing that to the 32bit version soon because it's oh so cold out here in the 64bit wilderness

Oh, and I'm not a girl. (Everyone gets that wrong from the spelling of my name)

Nice to meet you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm Jonathan, 22 from Manchester, regular at ManLug and LugRadioLive.

Using Feisty at the moment but switching to Gutsy as soon as possible!

I also have a web server which runs Dapper LTS, Apache/MySQL which I am very happy with, and a blog.

Jonathan
    Last edited by jdavis; October 16th, 2007 at 02:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I'm Simon, 32, living in Portsmouth (Originally from Kent). In my day job, I work as an Application Support Manager for a Government Department, but my real passion is working as a Semi Pro Artist (Painter) - My website is in my closing info.

I dual boot Ubuntu 7.04 (Primary) and XP (for games only) on my Laptop. I've been an Ubuntu convert since May 2007.

Good to meet you all.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    http://www.simonwilliamsart.co.uk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    I'm Jonathan, 22 from Manchester, regular at ManLug and LugRadioLive.

Using Feisty at the moment but switching to Gutsy as soon as possible!

I also have a web server which runs Dapper LTS, Apache/MySQL which I am very happy with.

Jonathan
    There's a Manchester LUG? Might pop in one day if I'm back in town. 21, out in the wilderness of Stoke at present for various reasons.

Question, though. The ManLug website says you're in the Kilburn Building. Isn't that the maths tower that got the chop a couple of years ago?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Airtime View Post
    Question, though. The ManLug website says you're in the Kilburn Building. Isn't that the maths tower that got the chop a couple of years ago?
    Nope, it's the computer science building:

http://www.manlug.org/content/view/146/70/
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=l&hl...,0.003605&z=18

Beans

Hi I am new to Ubuntu but have been using Linux for a while now... still having some Samba woes however... (!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Smile Re: Introduce yourself

Hi,I'm Easwar.undergrad Electronix and Telecommunications Engg student at Bombay Univ.In my spare time,I fiddle with Linux,artwork and a little music and deep theories.

Fairly regular poster on the Indian GNU/Linux Users Group Bombay(ILUG-Bom) mailing list.Attended my first barcamp recently.......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hiya, I'm Vicky 24 from Worthing, W Sussex and work as a web developer for the local borough council, have been using Linux on and off since 2003/4 but been using Ubuntu full time since July and happily have no need to have Windows on my laptop and computers at all.

I write a blog which often contains Linux matters but I also have lots of other interests besides computers too Thanks!
    Vicky's Blog: http://www.lilserenity.com
    Ubuntu Installation on ThinkPad T40 Guide: Read and Download from my Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Hey, I'm Tom, 26 and work as a support developer in C# (Boo Hiss) and SQL, but at home set up a dual boot Kubuntu/Ubuntu studio for my recording studio. I've stalked the Ubuntu forums for a while now but now I'm figuring out Ubuntu will be posting more to help people.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi I am ukripper from London, age 26 Database and Financial application developer, working for Stockbrokers in London.

Using linux since 99 and have ubuntu on my home network running Samba domain authentication, also developing apps under linux and porting it onto MS XP MSSQL server.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast