Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Michigan Team!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Talking Hey Michigan Team!

Hi! I am Kevin Shane. I am an emergency nurse by trade, but I have been doing computers and some programming since about '84. Mostly self taught.

I am currently "stuck" in Nevada (Vegas) but working on getting back to Michigan. My wife and I are both from Lake Orion. Came here in '04 to open a trauma center. But, we hope to be back in Michigan by the end of September at the latest!!!

Been running Ubuntu for only a few months, but already fell in love with Ubuntu and have extracted MS from my life!

Looking forward to working with you all and making Ubuntu common in Michigan!

Kevin
    I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

Beans

Re: Hey Michigan Team!

Hey Kevin,

Consider yourself part of the team. And definitely join the mailing list and send out an email when you get back here.

Take care,

greg
    Michigan LoCo Team: Wiki Page / Forum / #ubuntu-us-mi on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Greetings from Madison Heights!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Add Roseville to the list. I have only been using Ubuntu for about 8 months and have a LOT to learn, but it's been a fun ride so far!
    Last edited by em007a; August 16th, 2007 at 02:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello! My name is Trevor, and I live in a relatively small town not to far from Detroit.

Just signed up about half an hour ago, I've been using Ubuntu for about 7 months now.

Beans

welcome (again) Trevor
    Michigan LoCo Team: Wiki Page / Forum / #ubuntu-us-mi on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey kshane, very cool. Most of my family are in the Lk. Orion area. (Well oxford actually...but it's close enough to be the same).

If you've been gone since 04 you're in for a suprise or 3 when you drive up M-24 through there.

Where in MI are you headed back to?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by deuce868 View Post
    Hey kshane, very cool. Most of my family are in the Lk. Orion area. (Well oxford actually...but it's close enough to be the same).

If you've been gone since 04 you're in for a suprise or 3 when you drive up M-24 through there.

Where in MI are you headed back to?
    Well, unfortunately, it looks like my return is going to be delayed for a while. Not sure how long. The one thing I CAN tell you for sure is that I HATE Las Vegas...

Yeah, every time I have been gone for a while and come back, M-24 is the "gauge" for how much change has happened.

As far as where we're headed, not sure yet. Basically north. As to how far? Not really sure. I'm just sick to death of cities. I'm an ER nurse and really tired of Crack-heads and Tweakers. I'd give anything to work someplace where there's just some good, old-fashioned broken bones, sprains and cuts!

But, we are definitely headed back. Considered other places for a second or two, but Michigan it is!

Kevin
    I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Traverse City here, pretty cool "lil" city if you've never been.................

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There are a lot of little suburbs and such where I am, a bit away from Metro Detroit.
    Registered Linux User #455695

Michigan Ubuntu LoCo Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast