Thread: Frets on Fire Songs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Frets on Fire Songs

I was wandering if theres somewhere I can download songs for Frets on Fire. I alos noticed theres an option to edit your own songs, how do you go about doing it that? and what format do my songs need to be in?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Frets on Fire Songs

There are a lot of torrents around with a bunch of Frets on Fire songs. http://fof.hellmark.org/files.php?start=3 this site has around 170 and you can download only the ones that you want. To get them to show up in the game you must extract the folder into the FretsOnFire/data/songs folder. To make your own songs you need songs that are in OGG format. To convert MP3s and such to OGG use SoundConverter which is in the repos. Then it is a bunch of patience while making the notes on a correct timing pattern. Hope that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Smile Re: Frets on Fire Songs

Hey thanks for the link,

Do you know of any podcast sites that notifies of new tracks? that would be sweet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

www.fretsonfire.net has a tune's section. There is also www.keyboardsonfire.net that has a section. You can also find torrents for the songs, I think there are 4 packs currently. Although its neat to play some of the user made songs, and some of them are really fun, they are a mixed bag. All of the songs inported from the guitar hero series have the notes in the right place, and all of the difficulty levels, which are accurate. Nothing is more frustrating than loading up a user created song on the easy level, and finding the orange fret being used. Still all of the songs are at least fun to play, and there are some really cool, really well done user made songs too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

There's a thread on this forum about using a wii remote to navigate Ubuntu instead of a mouse...

What are the chances one could use that to play frets on fire with the wii remote guitar?

Hmmmmmmmm......

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BLTicklemonster View Post
    There's a thread on this forum about using a wii remote to navigate Ubuntu instead of a mouse...

What are the chances one could use that to play frets on fire with the wii remote guitar?

Hmmmmmmmm......

Just set it up today, both usages, it was pretty easy.... To use of the wiimote+guitar in 'Frets On Fire' read this HOWTO,

Beans

There are numbers of sites you can go through, www.fretsonfire.net,there is also www.keyboardsonfire which has a tune's section.Still all of the songs are at least fun to play, and there are some really well done user made songs too.