Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to Ubuntu NV

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Smile Re: Welcome to Ubuntu NV

Hello Peguin-Lovers,

Getting back into the development side of things... and as usu that means getting back to Linux (helps me balance my M$ karma

Been quite sometime since I've played in the penguin playground, thought I'd say hello & see who's in my neighborhood. I'm probably considered a newbie again, even though at one time I taught an Apache server course. (But I don't mind being a newbie again, it makes making mistakes easier )

Jorge Loco

PS I live near St Rose & Eastern in Las Vegas, NV.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to Ubuntu NV

I have been using Linux off and on for about 5 years. Always went back to Windows since there were problems with hardware configurations and lack of equivalent software, but kept a dual boot most of the time. About a year ago I started using Kubuntu and PCLinuxOS. I recently changed over to Ubuntu, but still also have KDE (Kubuntu) available. I now use Ubuntu about 95% of the time.
    Maverick Meerkat Desktop Ubuntu 10.10, HP Pavilion dv6-1240 with 4G memory. Windows 7 dual boot.
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm out from UNR, but my family lives in vegas. Is anyone organizing anything anywhere in Nevada?
    And everyone thought I was crazy because all I wanted was noodles noodles noodles noodles noodles noodles noodles noodles...

Beans

Hello Everyone,
    I'm in Las Vegas also and live close to Eastern and Sahara. I'm a noob here, it's been to long since I was running FreeBSD to remember much... A local event of some type would be good, although I'm in the business of repairing air conditioners so that spells about to be really busy real soon.

Barrie
    Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved

Beans

Hey new here. Joined so I could get more into the Ubuntu community.

Anyways I was thinking since, from what I can see, this team hasn't done much, maybe we could have a smallish 9.04 release party.

Not sure what others would think, and if we did I hope we can have it in the Reno-Sparks area, because that's where I live , or two? Not sure, but could be discussed. This Company provides flyers, balloons, and banners. Hope we can work something out, would be neat to have a get together.

Beans

Greetings from Henderson.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

hello folks...

also in vegas.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hey guys.

Greetings from Truckee. I know that's in California and not Nevada, but considering that I'm about 30 minutes west of Reno (as opposed to 2 hours from Sacramento), I figure this LoCo would be more fitting to stop by in than the California one.

Anyway, I've been an Ubuntu user since 7.10 and have used a healthy variety of other distros as well (Debian, Fedora, Damn Small Linux, Knoppix, CRUX, Tiny Core Linux, and - most recently - Softlanding Linux System).

If there's anything going on in Reno, let me know; if it's on a weekend I can probably attend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12