Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Talking Welcome

Hello Mississippi Ubuntu users! We now have our own subforum here at the official Ubuntu Forums

Feel free to post anything here relating to local events and whatnot in our community, however please continue using the regular forums for help questions and such.

- Derick Eisenhardt
    [Hattiesburg, MS, USA]

MississippiTeam's current website: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MississippiTeam
    Our Launchpad page: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mississippi
    IRC: #ubuntu-mississippi on Freenode
    Mailing List: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ms
    Last edited by ZephyrXero; August 17th, 2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added link to mailing list

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Welcome

Great to see this LoCo group getting off the ground. I had been thinking about starting one for a while, but never got the motivation to get it going! Thanks for your work, and I look forward to helping in whatever way you need me to!
    Please search before you post!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Talking Re: Welcome

it is nice to see that there are others in MS using ubuntu. i live in gulfport. whenever i mention ubuntu to my friends here I always get strange looks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I wrote someone about the group already at USM. I also signed up for the mailing list.

I have been using ubuntu for awhile and really had no idea there were others around here that used it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey, I'm originally from Hattiesburg, MS. Didn't ever know there were people in Mississippi would know about linux and the such. Ok, maybe I did but I got involved after I left. I am in the Air Force and stationed in the arctic north known as Nebraska currently. I hope you don't mind me being a member still since I am a Mississippian at heart still.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Nice to see a local group. I'm also in Hattiesburg, working at USM. HH on a ThinkPad T42 and it went smooth as silk...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello Everyone,

I am in Ocean Springs and work in Long Beach, (that's Gulf Coast Mississippi, not freakin' California )

I did not know there was a local support team. I am currently supporting T-9 computers and Blade Computers with CD's/materials and trying to get them to start selling pre-loaded machines.

If you are in the Gulf Coast region, maybe we can pool resources.

-AR
    Actors make their living playing pretend, so why do we listen to them about how we should live in the real world?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm in Gulfport also so there's two of us down here. I started using Linux just this year. I had Ubuntu on an old machine and I'm looking for a replacement while at the same time trying to convince people Linux works and works good. I don't know anyone else using Ubuntu and it would be good to have someone local to talk to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Long ways from everyone else here in winona, but still glad to see other linux users in Mississippi. its a great os.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm in Northeast MS, near Tupelo, in a small piece of crap town called Fulton. I've only ever met two other Linux users in person, and one of them is an Asian exchange student that doesn't count. I myself have been using Ubuntu on and off for around two years, and had XP completely removed at one point before I went crazy from lack of gaming.

Great to know that there are actually some other people down here who realize that their computers don't have to screw up all the time.

Actually, at my high school the idiots actually run Linux for everything except for the actual desktops. They pay for Office and Windows, and I saw XP on a 128mb machine that couldn't even handle a device being plugged in without freezing. And IE7 freezes half the time when you try to open it.

We need some Edubuntu pretty bad up here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast