Thread: Ubuntu - AZ CD/DVD Distribution Jewel Case / CD Sleeve Draft 1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ubuntu - AZ CD/DVD Distribution Jewel Case / CD Sleeve Draft 1

Hey guys,

I've been having a bad week but I still have been working on the Jewel Case design... I've also been wondering if perhaps distributing CDs would be better in a CD Sleeve much like the Ship-It CDs. The cost of color printing a cd sleeve (even if I don't manage to see if I can't get us a discount) is cheaper than color printing + jewel cases and really wouldn't require much more effort than print-cut-glue... There's also a case I saw for distributing them on the DIY Marketing site. I could of course create one "customized" for us.

Anyways. This is just a draft, and if it's going to be for a DVD with all the distros included, I was going to also either put faded logos from the other *buntu distros in the background OR use that combo logo (if anyone happened to have a SVG of that logo, for some reason it's been harder for me to find.) Just let me know what you think. Anything can be changed, and if we go for the CD Sleeve idea, I would also have to create a back - which is a good spot for more information about just what Ubuntu is!

Also, I would love to make the Ubuntu Arizona logo bigger but in order to ensure clean lines on the graphic I need a higher resolution one... Is there one available? If not, I could easily recreate it in higher resolution as I have all the graphics available, but I'd rather save work...

Anyhow, think the background should be black? Let me know (it would waste al ot of ink, but whatever the group wants!) Want things all jumbled around? Let me know. Think it's horrible and I should be shot? Well, let me know, but be nicer about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by botulismo; August 4th, 2007 at 12:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu - AZ CD/DVD Distribution Jewel Case / CD Sleeve Draft 1

This is a furthered draft including legalese and a larger version of the logo... This would be the "jewel case" version... ideas welcome.

Beans
    Distro

This is now Draft #2:

The front will be the same regardless of whether the team chooses a sleeve or a jewel case. The back will be used if people decide they want a CD sleeve like the Ship-It CDs. As you can tell, there's much more explanation with a CD sleeve.
    Last edited by botulismo; August 6th, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

I really like your sleeve setup with the printing on the back.

=D>

Beans

Here's an SVG for the logo an AZ-Ubuntu graphic. You can render it however big you like (in inkscape). I think sleeves are a good way to go.

I like your design. There's a typo in draft 2 where it says 256 gb instead of mb.

Where did the pass it on logo come from? Any way I could get a decent res copy or an SVG version?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sloggerkhan; August 9th, 2007 at 05:08 AM.

Beans

Looks good. I dig it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Sorry if I'm intruding. I realize that I'm not a member. I just came in to see what you have to offer, and how your organization and I would fit, when I saw your CD sleeve/cover graphic.

I would suggest softening or even eliminating the shadowing on the text for the Arizona logo. It makes it a bit difficult to read (at least on a 1440 X 900 screen with that portion of the cover magnified. Other than that (and the Meg for Gig change suggested in a post above) I think you've done a great job.

Craig A. Eddy
    (Otherwise known on screen as)
    Tyche