Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Introduce yourself

Granted we are a very young LoCo, but let's get the lead out.

My name is Kent Seaton. I'm a 2nd teir computer technician for a large fortune 500 company. My main involvement in the MissouriTeam is to help build and expand the Wiki.

I live in the northland of the Kansas City area. If you need any help and I'm on IRC, I'll do everything I can to help with whatever Linux problems you may have.
    Last edited by Spr0k3t; August 2nd, 2007 at 08:59 PM.

Beans

Re: Introduce yourself

Im Alfred Fox. Recently relocated here to Kansas City (Overland Park, KS actually). Frequent in the #ubuntuforums irc and have an obsession with all things computer. (Mainly web design, server administration, and coding / scripting)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

My name is Joe Brouhard.

I'm a 2nd Degree Black Belt and Certified Instructor for Monroe's ATA Martial Arts in Saint Joseph, Missouri.

I"m one of the co-founders of the Missouri LoCo Team. Myself, along with Matt Copple, have had a long-time affection for linux, and have recently started to get serious with *buntu.

My primary job description, other than being a TKD Instructor, is mostly server administration and some scripting. I own and operate Proxima Networks, a hosting company that specializes in PHP/SQL as well as Joomla! hosting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

So my name is Kyle

I'm a freshman this year at Butler University, which is in Indianapolis. I just started out with Ubuntu about two months ago, so there's still a lot for me to learn. I live in St. Charles (STL burbs) and I used to live in south KCMO, just across state line from Leawood, KS.
    Currently Reading:

The Israel Lobby and American Foreign Policy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm Rob Iver, I'm 26 and a programmer for a mid-sized business here in St. Charles, MO (close to St. Louis).

I have been interested in Linux for a long time, but only as a hobby really, but with the release of Vista, I have gone full-fledged Ubuntu and have not looked back. Using it everyday made me go from a "hobbyist" to an uber-leet Ubuntu geek!

I'm usually trolling ubuntuforums.org or hanging out in #ubuntu on FreeNode as RobDaGlob.

Oh, and I just joined the Facebook group! See you guys around the net and (maybe) around town.

Beans
    Distro

Fantastic! This is expanding quite nicely. Just a reminder though, don't forget to read up on HowToJoin if you are interested.

Keep them coming!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Just an FYI, the team page lists the two LUGs in Southwest MO, but neither of them meet any longer due to lack of interest.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Just an FYI, the team page lists the two LUGs in Southwest MO, but neither of them meet any longer due to lack of interest.
    I noticed that. I've been keeping tabs on the LUGs throughout the state for a little over three months now. Perhaps with a LoCo, the interest may pick back up or find new Ubuntu users in the area not familiar with the LUGs. Part of what the LoCo is all about.

Beans

Hi, My name is Alex Fleak. I am 53, a medical technologist by trade and a long time linux fanatic.
    I moved from using gentoo to ubuntu when dapper came out and am loving every minute of it.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Hi everyone, I work at Washington University in Saint Louis for the Department of Genetics. I'm a system administrator and mainly manage CentOS machines, but have started with a few Ubuntu desktops. I've been using Ubuntu for a little over a year and a half now, exclusively on my workstation and laptop, Windows at home for the wife and Battlefield 2..

I'd consider myself intermediate in Linux skill and a jack of all trades in everything else. I like to hang out in the Dell Ubuntu forum here and help out the Dell people and give a good impression. All I purchase for work is Dell anyways so I feel it's kind of in my best interest to get a good Dell foundation going too.

If any of you in the Saint Louis area want to meet up outside of the regular LUG meetings let me know. I've got a classroom with a projector and all the amenities.
    Last edited by erimar77; August 15th, 2007 at 03:14 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast