Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by dendrobates View Post
    My name is Rick Clark (dendrobates on freenode) I will be moving to St Charles, MO on April 25. I am originally from St Louis and glad to return after many years.

I am the Manager of the Ubuntu Server Team for Canonical, the company that funds Ubuntu. I will be the first Canonical employee in Missouri, although another is considering the move.

I would love to connect with people in the St Louis area to help evangelize Linux and F/OSS. I will help the LoCo in any way I can.

Rick
    Dude, too legit. Server Team Manager in the Chuck? On a scale of 1 to Awesome, that gets a kick ***. I hope you enjoy all that St. Chuck has to offer (dunno exactly what that is but meh)
    Currently Reading:

The Israel Lobby and American Foreign Policy

Beans

I guess there is even less going on in Missouri- Kansas has nothing eithere. I hail from Lawrence.

Beans

Howdy. Glad to be here. I'm just starting with the new Kubuntu. It's my first *buntu, though I've used various flavors of Linux over the past 3 years.

Time pressures and the desire to use my computer for something other than tinkering drove me here. So far, I'm very pleased.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

My name is Heath and I work in IT @ Missouri State University West Plains. We're 99.44% Windows. But I love Linux, especially Ubuntu. I try to inject Linux, anywhere and everywhere I can, on and off campus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hi everyone,

I am a complete linux noob, but I have been trying to switch to Ubuntu ever since a professor gave me a live disc (back when it was just a live disk) while I was working a shift at Hollywood Video.

Well due to a lack of motivation (read: motivated to game)along with wireless probs with our laptop, I have yet to make the switch completely.

However, I have tried to spread the word about Ubuntu (and other FOSS) where I can.

I'm located in St. Peters and work in Troy. We just moved out from California at the beginning of the year.

Well I hope that I will be able to help out in developing the community (and that you guys can help me)

Happy Independance Day! (Also celebrate independance from Microsoft.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I thought I would introduce myself, since I just joined a few minutes ago. My name is Ernie Merrill, and I work in Monett, Missouri. I have been experimenting with numerous distrobutions of LINUX over the past year, and have found UBUNTU the easiest to install and use. I am currently running UBUNTU Hardy on one of my laptops, and MINT on the other. I plan to set-up a desktop unit with MYTHBUNTU for my media center. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I would also like information on a LoCo in my area (Monett, Springfield, etc.). I haven't had any luck as far as responses from anyone.

I UBUNTU, Do You?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My name is Rick Clark (dendrobates on freenode) I will be moving to St Charles, MO on April 25. I am originally from St Louis and glad to return after many years.

I am the Manager of the Ubuntu Server Team for Canonical, the company that funds Ubuntu. I will be the first Canonical employee in Missouri, although another is considering the move.

I would love to connect with people in the St Louis area to help evangelize Linux and F/OSS. I will help the LoCo in any way I can."

Rick Welcome to Missouri! My daughter and Son-in-law live in St. Louis (South County). Both of them are CIS graduates, and I have been in a few discussions concerning LINUX with both of them. I have been evangelizing UBUNTU to my Son-in-law for quite some time, and I beleive I have piqued his interest. He is interested in seeing my MYTHBUNTU media unit when I have it up and running. Maybe we could get together sometime and discuss the future of LINUX.
    Last edited by emerrill; August 7th, 2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to insert message I was replying to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm actually 2 blocks on the Kansas side in KCK. I can help some but mostly need extra heads to help me figure out stuff when I get in over my head.

-Edward
    Media Server/ Home Automation / Build & Break It

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by emerrill View Post
    I thought I would introduce myself, since I just joined a few minutes ago. My name is Ernie Merrill, and I work in Monett, Missouri. I have been experimenting with numerous distrobutions of LINUX over the past year, and have found UBUNTU the easiest to install and use. I am currently running UBUNTU Hardy on one of my laptops, and MINT on the other. I plan to set-up a desktop unit with MYTHBUNTU for my media center. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I would also like information on a LoCo in my area (Monett, Springfield, etc.). I haven't had any luck as far as responses from anyone.

I UBUNTU, Do You?
    I used to work in Monett at JHA. Are you there, at the glass company, or the playground equipment company? (the "big three" )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

So, i finally got around to discovering MO has a LoCo, yay!

The names Chris, go by Rune... on irc and the internet Nythain and or Nythanial... I live in the northland Kansas City area. Been using ubuntu for a while now... my actual job is boring and demanding, as a well experienced Cashier in the fast paced Convenience Store industry

havent had much participation in Ubuntu short of "user" untill recently... i've suddenly become interested in actually attempting to contribute in whatever ways i can.

ps. i triple punctuate a lot... aparently this is bad, but meh, its me... doesnt mean im mad, retarded, or from aol, just a bad habbit i've picked up over the years... hope everyone learns to ignore it

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast