Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jbrouhard View Post
    Wait a min. EPCUSA ???

I remember a guy who used to work there.. Mike Wilkerson i believe? He still there or did he move on to new things ? I know Mike through STARFLEET (yes, I'm a geek), and although neither one of us are members, we know eachother a bit.

Just wanting to see if this is the same company
    Same company. Mike still works here! He's not into linux though.

As for myself, I will no longer be working at EPC after next Thursday. I got a job as a web developer for Maryville University!

Hopefully ackbarr doesn't dis-own me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by eric_juden View Post
    Same company. Mike still works here! He's not into linux though.

As for myself, I will no longer be working at EPC after next Thursday. I got a job as a web developer for Maryville University!

Hopefully ackbarr doesn't dis-own me.
    Kewl kewl!

Good Luck with that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by eric_juden View Post
    I work with Rob (iver2435) at the same company. Its actually a used computer store (Executive Personal Computers). I'll now proceed to give a shameless plug for them. Check out our site online: http://www.epcusa.com
    Do you happen to know a guy named Mike Wilkerson? I think he is (or was) a graphic / web designer at epcusa. If he's still there, tell him "hi" from Matt Copple.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinista View Post
    Do you happen to know a guy named Mike Wilkerson? I think he is (or was) a graphic / web designer at epcusa. If he's still there, tell him "hi" from Matt Copple.
    Read post #21 in this thread....

Beans
    Distro

My name is Matthew Copple. Along with Joe "jbrouhard" Brouhard, I cooked up the LoCo earlier this summer and currently serve as team contact and head cheerleader. I have several years of experience in the IT industry, where I had the opportunity to use and support Linux, Solaris, and Windows. I also co-owned a computer store and repair service for a while in my hometown.

I was first introduced to Linux in 1998, when my wife and I moved to the KC Metro. For our first few months in the area, we lived with some friends in an old mansion in Leavenworth, KS who had an ISDN line and a router running on Red Hat. Joe Brouhard gets credit, however, for piquing my interest -- he brought down an old Packard Bell machine one day and we installed Linux on it (with no X -- the video couldn't support it). I'll never forget logging in for the first time and then asking him over IRC, "Now what?"

I have been a Linux user ever since. I have had the opportunity to use Linux professionally and as a hobby, and have used nearly all the major distributions -- Red Hat, SuSE, Mandrake, Yellow Dog (on an old Apple g3 laptop), Slack, and Gentoo. After several weeks of rebuilding my Gentoo system by hand because of poor quality control in the portage tree, I decided to check out Dapper Drake. Ubuntu is now my primary distro.

I got involved in the LoCo scene because I believe that with Ubuntu, we finally have a distribution that is easy enough for a layperson to understand and use, and powerful enough to satisfy the demands of business, academia, and IT. For the first time since proprietary OS's began taking over the technology world, a platform exists which can meet and beat the best of them head-to-head. Better yet, unlike its competitors, that platform -- GNU/Linux -- gives you the freedom to continue to innovate as *you* see fit, not as the developer sees it.

After several years of using both Windows and Linux together, I am at last closing in on my personal goal of becoming Windows free. I am looking forward to using Ubuntu with you!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Read post #21 in this thread....
    /me gives himself a big V8 slap on the forehead!

I managed to completely miss Joe's post and your reply. Oopses!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I think we've all had days like that Matt. Some more than others.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by speedingbullet View Post
    Hello, My name is Richard Belken, I'm 17, and I live in Central Missouri. Really, in my area, I don't think that many people use Ubuntu... even mac for that matter. My friend does, though, but only because I gave him one of my old computers with Xubuntu on it... he actually does like it though, as the old junker I gave to him and his brothers is alot faster then their families XP computer up stairs... and thats pretty pathetic.

<SNIP>

I hope I'll enjoy my time here.
    Welcome, Richard! My wife has a lot of family in Central Missouri. Her parents live up in the Moberly area, and she has about a regiment of cousins, as well as a sister, who live in Columbia. We met at the University of MIssouri and lived in Columbia for several years before moving to KC.

There used to be a really active LUG in the Columbia area, but I don't know whether it is around anymore. You might contact the CS department at MU -- if anyone would know where the Linux guys are hiding, they would.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

deleted
    Last edited by erichmj; December 23rd, 2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: because I can

Beans

My name is Milo Housknecht. I have used Linux for a few years now off and on. Lately more often than in the past and I now have one of my 3 PC's completely Ubuntu! I consider myself only a novice Linux user for now. I would like to bump that up a notch quickly, which is part of the reason why I joined the group. I'm not particularly helpful yet since everyone else here knows a crap-load more than I do, but I have not been slacking on converting people over to the light side! I got a few people interested already at my new job at Handmark! A friend here and I are going to try to convince the company of the need to get the OpenMoko phone for some Linux development

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast