Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the North Carolina LoCo forum!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Welcome to the North Carolina LoCo forum!

Trinity, NC here.... Work in Thomasville. I have been using Ubuntu for about a year now. I have two pc's dedicated to Ubuntu, one to puppy linux, and the kids have an xp rig to play their games on. My wife has xp on her laptop and she is afraid of change and will not give Ubuntu a try, LOL.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I've been using Ubuntu for a few months now. I'm from Marion right in between Asheville and Hickory. I've been working on my own here cant find a user group anywhere with in a reasonable distance. glade to see theres people around here getting away from windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Spendael View Post
    I've been using Ubuntu for a few months now. I'm from Marion right in between Asheville and Hickory. I've been working on my own here cant find a user group anywhere with in a reasonable distance. glade to see theres people around here getting away from windows.
    Marion eh, Spendael do you like good coffee?

Hum, no way to know if Spendael will read this...

-mark
    --that's carpenter, not the nasty fish...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Will be in Pinehurst this summer

I will be moving to Pinehurst in a few months. My wife is already there. And damn does she have the worst luck with Linux. She keeps having an issue and she is about ready to give up (and I am not there to fix it).

I have installed (X)Ubuntu on about 12 computers in the last month.

At my current location, if we add in the Mac OSX, we have about a 50% market-share.

I am pushing hard, just wish that these guys were having the issues while I was here to help, instead of my wife a long ways away!

I have been using Linux since '02 when I put Mandrake on a computer to IP MASQ. ICS in Windows 98/ME sucked!
    Went full itme in 06 with Breezy. I haven't looked back. Switched quite a few people to Linux, including my parents, my wife, my wife's grandma, and gonna work on my kids when I get home. (The oldest will be 5 this summer, so they really don't know much yet) Might as well start them out on Edubuntu!

Adam

Edit: Fixed her computer. Was an issue with the upgrade stopping part way through and not upgrading to the newest Xorg.
    Last edited by alinuxfan; January 3rd, 2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: update wife's issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Greetings. I'm coming in from the High Point / Greensboro area.

I've been using Linux for a long time but have recently switched over to Ubuntu full time. I've used Ubuntu since Breezy off and on. I've ran everything from Slackware, Debian, Arch, Gentoo, Suse and a few more I'm sure.

Hope to catch up at the IRC chat...looks pretty empty atm.

Beans

Glad to see you're interested in the North Carolina LoCo cadkins. Be sure to check out our next IRC meeting (first in a long time as well); info here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Greetings! Greensboro here. Been a linux user since late '98 and an ubuntu user since warty.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello from Winston-Salem! I've been using Ubuntu for almost 2 years and have absolutely loved it! I built my own box not quite 2 years ago and use Ubuntu exclusively on it. Best running computer I've ever used. Anyway, it's cool to see fellow Tar Heels involved with Ubuntu!
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 GHz | HD: 2x 320 GB Seagate Barracuda | RAM: 4 GB G.Skill DDR2 800 PC2 6400 | Mobo: GigabyteEP43-DS3LR | VGA: EVGA GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB

Beans

Good to have you online with us jazzman65. You should jump in on our next IRC meeting. Information is here or here.

Also, be sure to check out the mailing list.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi All,
    I am glad to see that the North Carolina Ubuntu community is growing. I consider myself a noob in Ubuntu. Years ago I tried to enter into the Linux world with Mandrake 6.0 but I gave up due to a lot of hardward issue with a toshiba laptop that I had at that moment.

Ubuntu had change everything to me. For new users it is very smooth to learn and thanks to communities like this it is even smoother. This sounds a little bit crazy but thanks to Microsoft I am here. I always will be in debt to them because they make me hate Vista so much that I decided to look for new ways to achieve the same things, and again, Ubuntu make this possible.

I am very sure that a lot of new folks will prefer to switch operating systems rather that keep going with Windows.

Well, that was a short in-sight from me.

Greetings from Durham, NC
    ArepaKing
    Last edited by arepaking; January 22nd, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast