Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

you can always use docker and either auto-hide it or keep above pypanel (mine is hidden). It acts as you system tray. keeping the panel clean.
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Hidden!

Small changes. Just got rid of the panel and added another conky. Details in my original post on page 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Professional Architect #22.

In a busy day in a busy office. Our lucky business suit wearing man smiles and approaches today like any other - with a smile and free from conscience. He smiles at the lady in the corner who always sees him come in. Jobs like this... are really special.

BBQ Chicken Day!

Beans

Openbox 3.4. Wallpaper is homemade, Gtk theme is MurrinaEalm, Openbox theme is my own Ealm, icons are nuoveXT-1.6, fonts are Sans, MgOpen Cosmetica and Dreamspeak.

Apps running in second screenshot are Thunar, Gtk+ theme switch, bbtime and (in docker) Opera and GMPC.

This is very likely just a temporary stop. I've wanted to create an Openbox theme that matched MurrinaEalm for a while now (it might need some more work). But I'll revert back to PixelElegance and my sadhu (seen here) -- I love that setup!

I was trying to use MgOpen Cosmetica as my Openbox font, but doesn't look very nice in any size below 12. Is that just on my computer? The font is really nice, but size 12 is too big for me.
    Last edited by urukrama; August 18th, 2007 at 09:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Talking Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Here's my current working desktop.

The background image is something that I downloaded from the Gallery. I'm sorry I forget the name of the creator (but please know that I really appreciate your work if you're seeing this-- thanks).

The icon theme I'm using is "nuoveXT-1.6", which I downloaded from Gnome-look.org. And I'm using "Glossy" controls from the theme manager.

Also, I'm using the Rezlooks-Graphite theme for Emerald.

My screen resolution is 1280x1024.

I hope you guys like it.
    I am a Man of Truth. I am a Free Human Person. I am a Peacemaker.
    ** Independent Multimedia Artist in Pasig **

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

nice nuovetx mod!
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by urukrama View Post
    Openbox 3.4. Wallpaper is homemade, Gtk theme is MurrinaEalm, Openbox theme is my own Ealm, icons are nuoveXT-1.6, fonts are Sans, MgOpen Cosmetica and Dreamspeak.

Apps running in second screenshot are Thunar, Gtk+ theme switch, bbtime and (in docker) Opera and GMPC.

This is very likely just a temporary stop. I've wanted to create an Openbox theme that matched MurrinaEalm for a while now (it might need some more work). But I'll revert back to PixelElegance and my sadhu (seen here) -- I love that setup!

I was trying to use MgOpen Cosmetica as my Openbox font, but doesn't look very nice in any size below 12. Is that just on my computer? The font is really nice, but size 12 is too big for me.
    MgOpenCosmetica (and other fonts) looks really nice on my desktop, and really awful on my laptop.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Nice to see another nuoveXT-1.6 lover. Version 2 just doesn't do it for me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by picpak View Post
    Nice to see another nuoveXT-1.6 lover. Version 2 just doesn't do it for me.
    I didn't even know there was a version 2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I didn't even know there was a version 2.
    It was released only recently. Version 2.0 included some nice changes (no more white firefox) plus some nasty regressions, including (IMHO) too light folders, impersonal arrows and an out of line help icon. This is curious since nuoveXT-1.6 folders were some of the best out there. I found them much nicer than OS X folder icons, and probably on par with Vista*. There have been two subsecuent releases, and version 2.2 is pretty nice, although I don't like the ssh emblems.

I'm attaching two screenshots for the sake of comparison. Excuse the compression artifacts. I hope the names are kept in a straightforward fashion.

*As much as I despise Vista's theme for blurred window borders and little differenciation between focused and unfocused windows, I find their icon theme exquisite.

EDIT: It's 1.6 on the left and 2.2 on the right. As a sidenote, both versions are available in the author's site

EDIT 2: Yes, I'm an icon freak. But I suspect I'm not the only one in this thread.
    Last edited by Miguel; August 19th, 2007 at 12:34 AM.
    Now on... Thinkpad T400

Latest news for radeon and/or radeonhd:
    ATI R600g Gains Mip-Map, Face Culling Support, 30th July 2010

Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast