Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

The normal install leaves a lot to be desired regarding art.
    I disagree.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I disagree.
    vexorian,

PLEEZ, the whole thread here is about Desktops.

The Art of an UBUNTU install does leaves a lot to be desired.

Plus, there's no 3D Desktop Manager like other distros have right out-of-the-box.

Here is where I see several failures with UBUNTU. IMHO.

Adler
    Web Site - A Work in OpenSource Progress. Where the Adler Roosts!
    Biotech Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey Guys/Gals.

I made a howto on almost all Linux desktop customizaton. Check it out in this thread.
    Last edited by BOBSONATOR; August 17th, 2007 at 07:26 PM.
    Your Signature: View My Google page and Guide on Making the Linux desktop look better LHHS Linux Club
    T60 2.0GHZ-T7200 ATI-X1400M-128mb 2GB-667MHZ 80GB-5400RPM WIFI-3945 on Chakra-Project (Archlinux) w/Ext4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

As a new ubuntu user, thanks for the post. I will look forward to reading and following it.

I have stuck with (for the week I have had Ubuntu) a Blubuntu theme for my desktop. I installed Conky and look forward to sitting down with that this weekend.

If I can get Compiz Fusion and AWN to work with my ATI x1600 (no jabs please) then I will be a happy man!!

Michael
    Michael Ramm, GSEC
    The 1-Man IT Department | Ubuntu User #16666 | Linux User #451972
    AlabamaTeam LoCo: Forums | Wiki | Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fuscia View Post
    a true sign of sanity. i really like how you matched your wallpaper to the theme.
    Thanks a lot, Fuscia!... You wouldn't believe all the time I spent looking for something that would really satisfy my taste and leave me inspired to work. And after several attempts, I believe that once I again I had the proof that urban wallpapers work best with me... And I love the fact that I can do everything I want with the menu. I'm using Obmenu to configure it, and now I distributed my apps according to particular categories related to verbs. Office and image editing programs are in CREATE; messengers and mail clients are in COMMUNICATE; media players are in ENJOY; games are in PLAY... And so on. I'm still perfecting it, though...

Quote Originally Posted by dbbolton View Post
    why, that's a lovely openbox theme you've got there
    Actually, I saw the Bamboo Openbox theme in a desktop screenshot from the last month (I think) combined with Murrina Brown, which I tried to reproduce in my own PC... However, it didn't completely please me, so I made some more experiences, and finally went with Murrina Relax, which is one of my favourites. Though I got a bit tired of it when I was in GNOME, now I saw a new opportunity for it when I came across Bamboo. I really love warm colours (particularly red and orange, mixed with brown and black tones).

Quote Originally Posted by el mariachi View Post
    Will you release it as a compilation? They fit really well together!
    (btw: Português?)
    I still don't have it all completed, BUT most of the job is done... It is a work in progress. So, yes, good idea. I will try to compilate it in an archive and release it in Gnome-Look or something similar. Thanks for the compliments!

P.S.: Sim, sou português!... Hehe... É um prazer encontrar um luso por estas bandas!!

Openbox rocks its socks!
    In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    vexorian,

PLEEZ, the whole thread here is about Desktops.

The Art of an UBUNTU install does leaves a lot to be desired.

Plus, there's no 3D Desktop Manager like other distros have right out-of-the-box.

Here is where I see several failures with UBUNTU. IMHO.

Adler
    I don't think it is healthy to say that the ubuntu backgrounds, icons, window borders and gtk engine leave a lot to be desired. I think they are high quality artwork besides of how much people in this thread are actually using them or derivatives.

3d desktop switcher is overrated yet it will come with the next ubuntu.

You may complaint about the color, but the art seems fine to me.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by misfitpierce View Post

My Kubuntu desktop for august... Just switched to KDE ad liking it fairly nice on kubuntu.
    Wallpaper Wallpaper where are you????

Jason

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by josys36 View Post

Jason
    And the Most requested wallpaper award goes to...
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by josys36 View Post

Jason
    1680x1050

There ya go. I'll trust you can saturate and flip the image to liken that of the version posted.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Woohoo. CF is back! It froze before on me, the devs must have fixed it!

GTK: GAIA
    Metacity: VistaButMac
    Icon: Nuove XT
    Wallpaper: GAIA HIRES
    Other: Compiz Fusion, AWN, Tilda Conky
    I can't seem to find a better Icon theme than NuoveXT2, it goes with just about everything. GAIA seems to be really popular now. Are there any plans to port the GAIA Iconset? I set Tilda up to run Python instead of BASH, its handy for tutorials.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nekiruhs; August 18th, 2007 at 01:29 AM.
    In Soviet Russia, cake lies you!
    My Blog | Email Me

Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast