Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to join this team

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

How to join this team

The membership of the Ubuntu Pennsylvania Local/Community Team is relatively informal, if you're in PA and interested in spreading Ubuntu you can already consider yourself a member!

But we do have a more formal way of joining:

1. Join the Launchpad team: https://launchpad.net/~pennsylvania/
    2. Introduce yourself and tell us where you're from: Forum thread: Welcome to the Pennsylvania LoCo Team!

Optional:

Finally, visit our website UbuntuPennsylvania.org for additional information about our resources and general team news.
    Last edited by elizabeth; October 28th, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
    Elizabeth Krumbach // pleia2 // lyz@ubuntu.com
    http://princessleia.com

Beans

Re: How to join this team

thanks Lyz. this needed done a long time ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I agree with lamalex... Thanks Lyz!
    - Bret
    Pennsylvania LoCo Team Contact
    http://breadthofreality.blogspot.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey everyone!

I live in Phoenixville, PA. I have been using Ubuntu since Dapper on my desktop for the past year - now Gutsy and have never looked back.

Additionally, I'm one of the Ubuntero developers as my contribution back to the community (see signature).

Hope to be more active in this LoCo.

Edwin Soto
    Ubuntero Developer - Ubuntero.org
    Jaunty Jackalope i386 - Custom Shuttle PC

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome to the team Edwin! Sorry we missed you on IRC last night.

We're neighbors, I live about 20 minutes away in Schwenksville. The Philly area is very active so I'm sure you'll quickly find something to contribute to locally. Right now we're pulling together our resources for the Gutsy Release Party, more info here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Pennsylvania...lyGutsyRelease

Were you part of the Ubuntero group that was at OLF? I was surprised to learn that some Philly folks went out there (must let us know next time! ), and glad to see a few of you are getting involved with this LoCo team.
    Elizabeth Krumbach // pleia2 // lyz@ubuntu.com
    http://princessleia.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth View Post
    Were you part of the Ubuntero group that was at OLF? I was surprised to learn that some Philly folks went out there (must let us know next time! )
    Yes I was! I had such a blast getting together with some of the other LoCo's (Indiana, Ohio, Michigan). Our Picture even ended up on the Planet, *here*

I'll look into the release party for our area, see if we can get together!
    Edwin Soto
    Ubuntero Developer - Ubuntero.org
    Jaunty Jackalope i386 - Custom Shuttle PC

Beans

Hello All,

I, too, am a neighbor living in Royersford. I have been using Ubuntu since 5.04 and enjoying every new functionality with each release since. Unfortunately, I work in a world of Windows, but have been able to run Ubuntu for my team to show them the power and the glory of Linux. I love Linux, Ubuntu and shall always wish to learn more about the intricacies therein. I shall be perusing the forum and seeing what the history is for this LoCo Team. Let me know if there will be any meets soon.

Chonks

Beans

i have been using ubuntu since edgy eft and i love it. i live in boston pa which is south by south east of pittsburgh. it is a town with one traffic light.
    chuck norris can divide by zero.
    chuck norris can beat a brick wall at tennis.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hello Everyone,
    I have been a Ubuntu user since Dapper. I have lived here in Hershey, PA for the past 3 years. Before that I lived in New Jersey for 45 years. I use to be a hard core wWindows user untill I found Ubuntu. Now I will never go back to Windows. I try to keep up to date with the most current releases, but my commputer which was home built years ago is having problems keeping up. Plan on adding Jaunty once Alpha 3 is released.
    Donald Saunders
    CyberPower Gamer Ultra 7209 | AMD Athlon II X2 240 | 6 GB RAM | 1000GB & 500GB SATA-II HD
    ATI Radeon HD4550 | HP 2430 Printer | Ubuntu 11.04 | Windows 7 | ViewSonic VA703b Monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Smile Re: How to join this team

I think it would also help to list how to obtain the beta testing version of Ubuntu, which I see is Jaunty.

Oh yes...I wanted to know if you could tell me how to make a custom penguin like your own. Did you use Gimp?
    Last edited by treepolitik; March 10th, 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: fun note, add caps
    I haven't been around for ages; please bear with me as I get used to Linux again. I hope things work out better this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast