Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvements for Sept 15 Install Fest

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Improvements for Sept 15 Install Fest

I just got twenty 20' ethernet cables. I'll have those in a large tub at the next install fest. Techs can bring in 5 or so, write down what they brought, and dump it in the community pool of ethernet cables. We'll set up all the stations, and if we need more cables, we can just grab one from the tub. I might be able to handle all the network cables myself, we'll have to see how many I get. In any case, don't buy a bulk pack.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by aboutblank View Post
    I just got twenty 20' ethernet cables. I'll have those in a large tub at the next install fest. Techs can bring in 5 or so, write down what they brought, and dump it in the community pool of ethernet cables. We'll set up all the stations, and if we need more cables, we can just grab one from the tub. I might be able to handle all the network cables myself, we'll have to see how many I get. In any case, don't buy a bulk pack.
    I already have a bulk pack. My friend just didn't return it to me on time. I will bring it just in case.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by phr0ze View Post
    I already have a bulk pack. My friend just didn't return it to me on time. I will bring it just in case.
    D'oh!

Okay, well that works just fine. One thing I'd like to briefly mention is that I would *love* to have another install fest at Loyola after the SFD one. The power situation is great as well as the room setup.

But as far as the SFD one, a few of us are going to need to meet there on a weekend to check out the location and make sure we'll be set. Do we have enough space? Power? Tables? Chairs? Can someone give me the address please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by aboutblank View Post
    Okay, well that works just fine. One thing I'd like to briefly mention is that I would *love* to have another install fest at Loyola after the SFD one. The power situation is great as well as the room setup.
    I totally agree with you on this. I think the Loyola campus is awesome. The setup was excellent and the room itself was roomy and had a great view!

But as far as the SFD one, a few of us are going to need to meet there on a weekend to check out the location and make sure we'll be set. Do we have enough space? Power? Tables? Chairs? Can someone give me the address please?
    It's at the Howard County Libary's East Columbia branch. I put the address and stuff on the wiki. Just follow the link for the event page. By the way, I think all of the hardware listings from now on should go on the generic install fest page, as the hardware listing applies to all install fests. Unless anyone has any objections to this, I'll just migrate your list from the last one to the install fest page, so we can add to it as we go along.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Switches On Sale thru 8/4 Re: Improvements for Sept 15 Install Fest

In case anyone is insterested, CompUSA has NetGear 5 port switches on sale for $9.99 after a $25 eRebate thru 8/4.

I've had no problems with their erebate system in the past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12