Thread: Magazine Observations

Beans

Magazine Observations

I like the new e-magazine. i think it's a great idea, and I love that it's electronic format. Normally, I would choose a newstand magazine, but I understand the money it would take to start one.

One big suggestion is that the pdf be produced as a "landscape" vice "portrait" format. The current methodology requires scrolling through pages as well as page to page. A full screen landscaped format would present your material in more discrete chunks without flogging the up/down arrows to death.

Keep up the good work, and I wish you a long and happy run with this product!!
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.

Registered Linux User #270832

Re: Magazine Observations

We have looked at using landscape before, but unfortunately it would be to hard to implement. When we originally designed the magazine, we decided on portrait, and changing now would mean yet another redesign... It is a lot of effort for our editor, Ronnie, to change the template again, and it wouldn't be great for consistency in the magazine. If we change design again in the future, we will look into a landscape layout.

Beans

Re: Magazine Observations

Fair enuff!!
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.

Registered Linux User #270832