Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: changed titles?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dundas, Ontario, Canada
    Beans
    159
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    changed titles?

    just wondering why all the titles were changed...i quite liked having 5 cups of ubuntu, now im just like everyone else

    -Wild

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    647

    Re: changed titles?

    Well another 36 posts and you'll have contributer under you cups Maybe they are doing maintence or something.

    Dave
    Forums Search :: Ubuntu Wiki :: Google.com

    “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”

    Registered Linux user no. 391068

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: changed titles?

    The forum titles are undergoing a bit of a revamp.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    647

    Re: changed titles?

    Ooo, nice When do we get the low down on it?

    And, panickedthumb, might I suggest a link at the top of each forum title "Before you post" telling people to search the fourms and try google before they post. Ive seen the same questions coming up time and time again.

    Dave
    Forums Search :: Ubuntu Wiki :: Google.com

    “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”

    Registered Linux user no. 391068

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: changed titles?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave9191
    Ooo, nice When do we get the low down on it?

    And, panickedthumb, might I suggest a link at the top of each forum title "Before you post" telling people to search the fourms and try google before they post. Ive seen the same questions coming up time and time again.

    Dave
    This has been adressed several times here and people ignore our suggestions. They just excuse theirselves by saying they didn't find anything or that they were in a rush (this is not IRC, posting won't speed up anything).
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Not-So-Sunny Hawaii
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: changed titles?

    Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    The forum titles are undergoing a bit of a revamp.

    you and your "Woo!"



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    647

    Re: changed titles?

    Village Brew Master huh? Is there a list of all the titles somewhere?

    Dave
    Forums Search :: Ubuntu Wiki :: Google.com

    “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”

    Registered Linux user no. 391068

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    3,774

    Re: changed titles?

    At some point this week the usertitles will change. Everyone will have the same title however, the coffee cups under their name will continue to change as they make more posts.

    There have been many issues with people complaining about titles and we hope this will help clarify some of those issues.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Not-So-Sunny Hawaii
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: changed titles?

    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-geek
    At some point this week the usertitles will change. Everyone will have the same title however, the coffee cups under their name will continue to change as they make more posts.

    There have been many issues with people complaining about titles and we hope this will help clarify some of those issues.
    so... no more titles, no more yellow text?

    oh well... i'm not exactly in a position to complain

    <<edit>>

    wait a sec... now they're back?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: changed titles?

    Quote Originally Posted by benplaut
    so... no more titles, no more yellow text?

    oh well... i'm not exactly in a position to complain

    <<edit>>

    wait a sec... now they're back?
    It wouldn't be fair for donators to _not_ highlight them.
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •