Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 297

Thread: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by pp. View Post
    Can anyone add a zero-th post with such an index?
    If someone goes through and creates an index, I'll put it in the first post.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    For what? D

    There are a lot of duplicate languages here, the first post should have maintained an index.
    A post by post search wouldn't hurt

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    I'll make an index later. It will take some time though, so be patient.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    If someone goes through and creates an index, I'll put it in the first post.
    Like this?
    Last edited by pp.; October 5th, 2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: There should have been an attachment

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    If someone goes through and creates an index, I'll put it in the first post.
    Like this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Sorry, the solution is a bit less than elegant. The attachment used to be an ODS file with the URLs of each post. Since that exceeded the meager limits for attachment sizes I now submit just the raw data. It can easily be reassembled into a list of URLs or whatever.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by pp. View Post
    Sorry, the solution is a bit less than elegant. The attachment used to be an ODS file with the URLs of each post. Since that exceeded the meager limits for attachment sizes I now submit just the raw data. It can easily be reassembled into a list of URLs or whatever.
    Oh, thanks. I'll assemble it later and make an index (you could have just posted the index though, couldn't you?)

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    Oh, thanks. I'll assemble it later and make an index (you could have just posted the index though, couldn't you?)
    Since there are several ways of referring to the individual posts, I thought I'd leave the decision about the implementation to the person(s) most likely to maintain the index. Gathering the raw data is more expensive than assembling the index, so I thought that a fair proposition.



    Afterthought: It can't take more than a few minutes' time to make a program which builds that index,
    Last edited by pp.; October 6th, 2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Afterthought

  9. #229
    skotos's Avatar
    skotos is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Milano, Italy, EU
    Beans
    132
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by s1ightcrazed View Post
    Windows Shell Script

    Code:
    @echo off
    set /P ANSWER="Please enter your name: "
    echo. 
    echo Welcome to Ubuntu, %ANSWER%
    pause
    I would call it DOS BATCH Files Scripting, since it is something of the 80's that Windows still relates on....

    Registered GNU/Linux user: 232677
    Definitely moving to GNU/Linux made me trust Computer Science again.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: "Hello Ubuntu" in every programming language

    Quote Originally Posted by pp. View Post
    Afterthought: It can't take more than a few minutes' time to make a program which builds that index,
    No, it won't. It is how I would have done it myself.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •