Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Hey guys, I'm trying to get my Dell 3010cn working. I understand that, like many other Dells, this is more than likely a rebranded Lexmark. I installed the CUPS ppd from openprinting.org and added the printer via USB with no problem. But every time I submit a print job, the printer LCD displays "Cancelling ..." and job goes off into the ether.

Any ideas?

Granted, it is a low end color laser, but it still cost me a decent penny so I'd really like to get it working.

Beans

sorry my bad kinda got excited hoping to see someone else with the same printer

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

looking to get a lexmark 2400 series to work in kubuntu 9.10. any ideas?
    thank you.
    Last edited by Brewer_clan; December 17th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ok, before I start a completely new thread, here's my problem:
    I have a Lexmark X1270 and it obviously doesn't work. I followed every guide and tried every solution in this thread but it still just sits there and mocks me its idling, non-working way.
    At the moment I get this error message when I try ./z600: "./z600: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" (It was working fine (not the printer, but ./z600) before I installed version 5 of libstdc++).
    And "Stopping job because the scheduler could not execute a filter" once I try to print a test page (though I already had solved this problem through chmod, but it appeared again because someone here claimed the "filter" folder had to be owned by root). And of course the "cups-insecure-filter" warning.
    Please help me, it's somewhat urgent... my graduation depends on it... more or less...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by .kelp View Post
    Ok, before I start a completely new thread, here's my problem:
    I have a Lexmark X1270 and it obviously doesn't work. I followed every guide and tried every solution in this thread but it still just sits there and mocks me its idling, non-working way.
    At the moment I get this error message when I try ./z600: "./z600: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" (It was working fine (not the printer, but ./z600) before I installed version 5 of libstdc++).
    And "Stopping job because the scheduler could not execute a filter" once I try to print a test page (though I already had solved this problem through chmod, but it appeared again because someone here claimed the "filter" folder had to be owned by root). And of course the "cups-insecure-filter" warning.
    Please help me, it's somewhat urgent... my graduation depends on it... more or less...
    Check out this link particularly part A
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...karmic&page=57

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I feel so stupid... I think I partly followed the guide for 64-bit users ^^;
    Now I get the "direct z600:/dev/usb/lp0 "Lexmark Lexmark 1200 Series" "Lexmark Printer"" message. Let's see if I can get it to work now.
    Thank you for pushing me into the right direction

Hmm, "Stopping job because the scheduler could not execute a filter" and "cups-insecure-filter" still bother me...
    Last edited by .kelp; January 4th, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

getting error
    ./z600: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and since libstdc++.so.5 does not exist now and i have tried installing the latest versions

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rahilm View Post
    since libstdc++.so.5 does not exist now and i have tried installing the latest versions
    Follow the instructions and install version 5, that is what is required.

I did this that too, loading the correct version fixed it

tom

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by w2vy View Post
    Follow the instructions and install version 5, that is what is required.

I did this that too, loading the correct version fixed it

tom
    how to do that? synaptic doesn't show version 5 anymore. Its 6 now

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rahilm View Post
    how to do that? synaptic doesn't show version 5 anymore. Its 6 now
    Re-read the instructions, I believe is said something like

download c++ 5 from "here" (link supplied)

tom

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast