Thread: Re: Thinking up alternate spellings for "Microsoft" does NOT make you look smarter.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: Thinking up alternate spellings for "Microsoft" does NOT make you look smarter.

***Previous response moved to jail***

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I would be censored for having a contrary opinion. Please inform the Thought Police that I will deactivate my cerebellum immediately.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Thinking up alternate spellings for "Microsoft" does NOT make you look smarter.

There were plenty of contrary opinions expressed in the thread without direct personal insult to other forum members. Since you seem to have a problem with my decision to move your post the Jail, I've moved your complaint to the Resolution Center, where it will be handled by the administration.

Admins, this is the post in question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Fenryr,

I have read the post in question and the thread it came from. While many people were sharing opinions that were very different from one another, yours stood out because of how you expressed the opinion. Comparing someone (unfavorably) to your third grade English teacher, then calling them "a stuck up prig with delusions of adequacy" is far enough over the line that you could be banned for it. Instead, you were given a fairly trivial one point infraction.

You responded to that infraction with a rude PM to a moderator and this silly "Thought Police" comment above. You will find that you received a new infraction from me for this PM.

The forums are privately owned by Canonical. We have a very clear Code of Conduct. If you would like to participate here, now and in the future, I strongly suggest you reread it and choose to follow it. Thank you.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Fenryr,

I have read the post in question and the thread it came from. While many people were sharing opinions that were very different from one another, yours stood out because of how you expressed the opinion. Comparing someone (unfavorably) to your third grade English teacher, then calling them "a stuck up prig with delusions of adequacy" is far enough over the line that you could be banned for it. Instead, you were given a fairly trivial one point infraction.

You responded to that infraction with a rude PM to a moderator and this silly "Thought Police" comment above. You will find that you received a new infraction from me for this PM.

The forums are privately owned by Canonical. We have a very clear Code of Conduct. If you would like to participate here, now and in the future, I strongly suggest you reread it and choose to follow it. Thank you.
    I stand by my original assessment...The OP did post with the SPECIFIC intention of insulting other posters, this is obvious from the very TITLE of the thread. I simply responded in kind.

I've seen far WORSE on these formus in my short time here, I honestly didn't think your people would blow this all out of proportion in this manner...IMO, if you're going to be FAIR about this, you should delete the entire THREAD, as it's an obvious attempt to 'troll' the readership for just the sort of response you're giving ME so much grief over...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Actually, upon further consideration, nevermind...I think I can find support and technical info elsewhere, and I don't see the sense in posting where my opinions aren neither respected nor wanted...Thank you, please delete ALL posts/threads by me, and have a good day.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

We don't delete posts or accounts, but I can disable the account for you. I wish you the best elsewhere, if that is your desire. Bon chance.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!