Thread: Ubuntu Swahili Translation

Beans

Ubuntu Swahili Translation

Hi All,
    Currently we are translating Ubuntu into the Swahili language, and as msot of you will agree, there's an awfull tons of strings that need translation. So, for those who already have some experience in the translation project, are you able to help us in identifying the packages that are necessary for us to start with?
    Cheers.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Swahili Translation

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldotis View Post
    Hi All,
    Currently we are translating Ubuntu into the Swahili language, and as msot of you will agree, there's an awfull tons of strings that need translation. So, for those who already have some experience in the translation project, are you able to help us in identifying the packages that are necessary for us to start with?
    Cheers.
    I really would lyk to be part of the team that is translating ubuntu into Kiswahili.plz lemmie know when you know the right packages to be edited are identified.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

When you start, please coordinate with us as such a translation obviously also applies to Tanzania.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TanzanianTeam

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by peterhoeg View Post
    When you start, please coordinate with us as such a translation obviously also applies to Tanzania.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TanzanianTeam
    Yeah. 2 heads are better than 1

Beans

Hello Guys,

How is the translation coming up? any updates?

I would like to introduce myself as Max and i am trying to gather some momentum so that we can have a healthy ubuntu community in Tanzania, i have been using ubuntu for about 3 years now and i guess its time to give some back for such a wonderful piece of software.

We are under the process of developing local website for ubuntu www.ubuntu.or.tz, and are looking for manpower in terms of content writing and providing some useful ways to use ubuntu Case studies if you like.

Please pm me if you would like to join the project, we will be more than happy to receive any contributions in terms of manpower at this point.

The next step after establishing our online presence would be to start up two projects
    1) Translation project
    2) Ubuntulogy project - speading the word about how to use and how useful ubuntu can be to instutions/individuals/ and perhaps government.

Hope to get some valueable responses.

And please do join our mailing list at

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tz

with kind regards,

Max.

Beans

Hey Max, nice of you to want to involve us in your project. Its a welcome move. Thats a really great effort by the Tanzanian team. Definitely I would like to help out where I can and I'm sure other in the Kenyan team would love to do the same.

Regards,

Ken Kasina

Beans

Thanks Kasina,

Well you can get in touch with me via max __ at __ Kimambo.co.tz and we can talk further if you are interested in participating in the project.

with kind regards,

Max.

Beans

i would like to help please let me know how
    Try not to get it right the first time , if you do no one will see the effort