Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Music album covers in Thunar Nautilus and everywhere!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Howto: Music album covers in Thunar Nautilus and everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by aidanr View Post
    yeah, sorry was away for the weekend, updated my other post
    thanks for those who prefer deb facilities

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    It's already popular
    Look at third party project forums there is not many thread but it still better than having one thread with 80 pages /800 replies (as it goes for the mac menu bar).
    That is perhaps not an emergency (lol) but could be interesting in the future.
    Yes. Lets see what the future brings...

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    It is an awesome app. Thanks a lot, great job.

I have a few questions though:

1. Is it possible add albums to a current play-list in mpd? Currently clicking on avatar replace the content of the play-list. What if I want to put a few albums into play-list in one go?
    Already done but not released yet. It will work with mocp, mpd, audacious and totem for now.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    2. Is it possible to have a different name for avatars? I would like to have them in the format artist - year - album.
    I will implement that but not for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by SQuark View Post
    A simple solution would be to use the (sub)directory structure in the naming scheme. E.g. I have subdirectories for every artist in my music directory, each of them having subdirectories for every album. The avatars would be called "Artist - Album" accordingly.
    To have "Artist - Year - Album", you just have to use another level of subdirectories.
    mmm... this is easy. Maybe I could implement it in this way instead...

Quote Originally Posted by lzfy View Post
    I have to ask, can you make this work with Konqueror?
    The avatars are desktop entry files that should work practically anywhere:
    http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Spec...top-entry-spec
    For example, if you go to: "/usr/share/applications" you will see a lot of desktop entry files.
    If Konqueror doesn't work then it is probably a Konqueror problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonno Bassotto View Post
    Just a couple of ideas for your application. I think the things you implemented work very well. I can think of two other avatars which would be nice to implement.

1) Avatars for your movies. This shouldn't be much more difficult than the imdb avatars, assuming one uses the proper title as a name for the file. The page to look for on imdb has an url like
    Code:
    http://www.imdb.com/find?q=%22arancia%20meccanica%22;s=tt;site=aka
    This is an example for "Arancia meccanica", which is the italian name for "A clockwork orange". The last two parameters are used in order to look for alternative names too (in this case the italian one).

Once you have the page I think you can grab the cover art with the same code you used for the imdb avatars.

EDIT: D'oh. It seems that this sintax only works for alternative names, like the Jugoslavian "Beri Lindon" for "Barry Lindon". I couldn't find a sintax that always works and directly leads to the title main page.
    EDIT: Even worst. There is a problem with articles. For example if you search "L'impero colpisce ancora" (italian title for "The empire strikes back") you are not lead to the main page, but to the search page. To get to the main page you should insert "impero colpisce ancora, L'" with the article at the end. Now I begin to understand why you didn't implement this yet...
    I think there is no obvious workaround to parsing the search result page.

2) Anobii avatars. Anobii is an analogue of imdb, but for books. This is more difficult, since you usually have an account, where you register the books you have or you'd like to have. So it is not obvious how to extract information about the books you have. Anyway, one could use links too, like with imdb.
    1 ) It is already in my todo list. I will make it search in google first. For example for: imdb A clockwork orange. Then from the result I will get the page.
    But internal changes are needed first to be able to select multiples files.

2 ) Yes, from links it will be very easy but I don't know when I will be able to do that. There is a lot in the to do list.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by aidanr View Post
    This is something I'd also like, right now I'm using rox-filler for avatar-factory and thunar for everything else. A profiles option or a command line option to use a different thunarrc would be cool, or perhaps a simple gtk window/app just for avatar factory.
    Well, if you don't mind using a dock (and a composite window manager), the stacks in AWN are ideal for avatar-factory!

Quote Originally Posted by lzfy View Post
    I have to ask, can you make this work with Konqueror?
    If it doesn't work, it might be that Konqueror derives the file type from the extension. Running this in your folder of avatars may do the trick:
    Code:
    for file in *; do mv "$file" "`basename "$file" .avatar`".desktop; done
    (Not tested, prone to typos.)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzem View Post
    1 ) It is already in my todo list. I will make it search in google first. For example for: imdb A clockwork orange. Then from the result I will get the page.
    But internal changes are needed first to be able to select multiples files.
    The first Google result for: imdb movie_name isn't always the imdb page. Here an implementation of what I was saying (well, I mostly copied your function get_cover_picture)
    Code:
    get_imdb_page ()
    {
    search_url="http://www.imdb.com/find?q="\"$SOURCE\"";s=tt;site=aka"
    search_page="$(wget -qO - "$search_url")"
    metadata_line_number=$(( $(echo "$search_page" | grep -n -i '<meta name="title"' | cut -d: -f1 ) ))
    if [ "$(echo "$search_page" | sed -n "$metadata_line_number p" | sed "s|.*content=||" | cut -d\" -f2)" = "IMDb Title  Search" ]; then
    	title_line_number=$(( $(echo "$search_page" | grep -n -i 'Popular Titles' | cut -d: -f1 ) ))
    	aux1=$(echo "$search_page" | sed -n "$title_line_number p")
    	aux2=${aux1#*"Popular Titles"}
    	imdb_url="http://www.imdb.com"$(echo ${aux2%%"/table"*} | sed "s|.*href=||" | cut -d\" -f2)
    	imdb_page="$(wget -qO - "$imdb_url")"
    else
    	imdb_page=$search_page
    fi
    }
    You may probably rewrite the step with aux1 and aux2 using sed, but I don't know how to handle regular expressions, so I used the bash builtin string functions % and #. I just needed to isolate the table containing the string "Popular Titles".

I tried with, say, 30 random titles both in english and in italian and it seems that it works.

Btw, what multiple files are refering to? Is it because of movies split into two files?
    Last edited by Nonno Bassotto; September 2nd, 2007 at 11:54 PM.
    Please, feel free to correct my english, so that I can improve it.

Click here to join Dropbox. Both you and I get free extra space.

Beans

the stacks in AWN are ideal for avatar-factory!
    It seems nice, but the avatar are far too little, especially the picture ones. Is there any way to have stacks with bigger icons?
    Please, feel free to correct my english, so that I can improve it.

Click here to join Dropbox. Both you and I get free extra space.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The first Google result for: imdb movie_name isn't always the imdb page. Here an implementation of what I was saying (well, I mostly copied your function get_cover_picture)
    Code:
    get_imdb_page ()
    {
    search_url="http://www.imdb.com/find?q="\"$SOURCE\"";s=tt;site=aka"
    search_page="$(wget -qO - "$search_url")"
    metadata_line_number=$(( $(echo "$search_page" | grep -n -i '<meta name="title"' | cut -d: -f1 ) ))
    if [ "$(echo "$search_page" | sed -n "$metadata_line_number p" | sed "s|.*content=||" | cut -d\" -f2)" = "IMDb Title  Search" ]; then
    	title_line_number=$(( $(echo "$search_page" | grep -n -i 'Popular Titles' | cut -d: -f1 ) ))
    	aux1=$(echo "$search_page" | sed -n "$title_line_number p")
    	aux2=${aux1#*"Popular Titles"}
    	imdb_url="http://www.imdb.com"$(echo ${aux2%%"/table"*} | sed "s|.*href=||" | cut -d\" -f2)
    	imdb_page="$(wget -qO - "$imdb_url")"
    else
    	imdb_page=$search_page
    fi
    }
    You may probably rewrite the step with aux1 and aux2 using sed, but I don't know how to handle regular expressions, so I used the bash builtin string functions % and #. I just needed to isolate the table containing the string "Popular Titles".

I tried with, say, 30 random titles both in english and in italian and it seems that it works.

Btw, what multiple files are refering to? Is it because of movies split into two files?
    Great.
    I have to finish the next release and then I will see how I will do it but I was thinking in something more simple. (remember that I am a newbie )
    I will not take the first result from google, I plan to grep the result from google for the first line containing something like "imdb.com/title/" and once I have the url I will use the existing grabber:

Code:
    get_cover_picture () {
    #First the code to get the imdb page and then:
    URL="the url"
    . /usr/local/share/avatar-factory/grabbers/imdb  #I will rename the film grabber to imdb
    get_cover_picture
    }
    About the multiple files, to do something like:
    Code:
    avatar-factory --video-grabber ./*.avi ./destination
    The music grabber can add only one album but if I make the video grabber to work on folders it will not be able to chose only one video. But I don't know if it is really an important thing...
    Last edited by Yuzem; September 3rd, 2007 at 12:50 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It seems nice, but the avatar are far too little, especially the picture ones. Is there any way to have stacks with bigger icons?
    All settings for the stack are in gconf for the moment. Run "gconf-editor" and got to /apps/avant-window-navigator/applets/*some number*. There should be something about the icon size there.

I will not take the first result from google, I plan to grep the result from google for the first line containing something like "imdb.com/title/" and once I have the url I will use the existing grabber:
    It seems easier to take the first result from Google for the query "site:imdb.com/title fight club", for example.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It seems easier to take the first result from Google for the query "site:imdb.com/title fight club", for example.
    Yes, that seems better.

Could someone confirm if the problem with konqueror was because of the avatar extension?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Yes, that seems better.

Could someone confirm if the problem with konqueror was because of the avatar extension?
    I can see the avatars bu I got an error when i click on the avatar with .avatar or .dektop ext (see screenshot)
    btw, i don't care i donot use konqueror that was just for the test
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	320.2 KB 
ID:	42476  

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

mmm... I want this to work everywhere. I will install konqueror and see if there is something that I can do about that.

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast