Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missoula users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Missoula users

Quote Originally Posted by psymin View Post
    I'm interested in attending as well. I hope you all encourage users of any distro to attend ..
    My personal opinion on this is that we should first take Worzie's suggestion and try to establish a MissoulaLUG. Then, if they desire, users of different distro's could form their own little sub groups to talk about distro specific stuff. But the LUG would serve as an excellent foundation for the distro groups to start from.

sounds like a plan to me.

just to let you all know tho, i'm really really new at all this linux stuff.
    maybe coming back to linux soon! need new computer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by lunaz View Post
    just to let you all know tho, i'm really really new at all this linux stuff.
    Cool. Relatively speaking, so am I. But obviously waiting on the really experienced Linux users in Missoula to start the LUG hasn't worked out so far, so.... we'll just do it ourselves and maybe even let them join.

Hey Worzie, if you're still reading this thread, got any recommendations? I've briefly skimmed through the LUG HowTo at Linux.org, but I'm not sure all of that really applies to us yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by holotone View Post
    I'll shoot Monte (OpenMissoula founder and local all-around poverty lawyer badass) a message pointing him this way
    Thank you for starting a LUG!! Count me in. I will be there whenever subject to prior commitments. There should be coffee though and a place to plug in.

As an aside, I am struggling to complete the last step of migrating my law office and the Montana Justice Project (affiliated with openmissoula) to FOSS. Last step? Replacing Quickbooks with GnuCash. Its kicking my *** because I've been doing my bookkeeping and payroll by hand until I can figure out enough basics to complete the switch.

But . . . when its done, every bit of code in my office will have been replaced by FOSS. I began this process in 2000, and I was a complete novice. Thanks to help from people like my brother Ryan and Cole and others, its almost done.

Yes, please lets set a LUG meeting. Where and when? Let me know how I can help.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lunaz View Post
    any place i can get a ride to or take the bus to.
    wtb laptop...
    lunaz do we have a date and location yet? Let me know if you want help. It sound like you need a spot near the bus line. I think the northside would be a cool place --- maybe at northside community development corporation on Stoddard if Bob would let us? There's also the public library and anywhere that has coffee.

Beans
    Distro

Oops - sorry. I see that the first meeting of the Missoula LUG is at Break Espresso at 6:30 on Sept. 5th, 2007. See you there.

Beans

Here's the event @ Facebook

Spread the word!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by holotone View Post
    Hmmm, gotta have an account just to view it. Viewing a page for a meeting I already know about doesn't seem like sufficient justification to share my email address with YASNS, so.. I'll just take your word for it.

Spread the word!
    Yessir!
    http://montana.craigslist.org/grp/400272586.html
    And I submitted it to missoulaevents.net, but can't post a link until it gets approvaled.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Some people may also be interested in skimming the LUG HowTo before the meeting...

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/...oup-HOWTO.html

update, i nolonger wtb a laptop; picked up the acer aspire 3680 @ walmart for $400ish. got ubuntu on it & all's good so far but wireless.... working on it.
    maybe coming back to linux soon! need new computer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast