Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wine 0.9.39 breaks Eve Online

Beans

Re: Wine 0.9.39 breaks Eve Online

Quote Originally Posted by snoopeh View Post
    Ok so after reading http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...=30457&page=47

I hear that EVE Online works on wine-0.9.41 , but the problem is I upgraded from wine-0.9.33 to wine-0.9.43 . So there is no option to force to 41, only 33 and 43.

41 is at http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html but, do i need to remove wine, then install 41 before i can put 41 on my machine or what?
    I think you should be able to just install Wine 0.9.41. After that you should use Synaptic to lock the version, so the system doesn't try to update it to 0.9.43 again. To do this you need to find and select Wine in Synaptic, then you go to the"package" menu and choose "lock version".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I open the .deb with "GDebi Package Installer" , but it just says "Error : A later version is already installed " and won't let me install. Whats the command line to install deb files? I think i've used it before just can't remember it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by snoopeh View Post
    I open the .deb with "GDebi Package Installer" , but it just says "Error : A later version is already installed " and won't let me install. Whats the command line to install deb files? I think i've used it before just can't remember it.
    Then you should uninstall 0.9.43 first. You can do that in Synaptic.

Anyway the terminal command for using the package manager to install is: sudo apt-get install package-name

And remove is: sudo apt-get remove package-name

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Ahh, I thought it would be different for .deb files such as wine_0.9.41~winehq0~ubuntu~7.04-1_i386.deb

Guess not, thanks for the help

Beans

np

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Unhappy Wine 0.9.39 breaks Eve Online

hello, i have been trying to run eve online for some time now , finally i did it , i had that splash screen going away problem , but this is how i fixed it : installing wine 9.44 then eve online (latest version 3.22 )
    first copy arial.ttf to home/(user name)/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts/ ( arial.ttf can be found by searching your windows hard drive ) with places>search for files
    note: you wont find the /.wine file unless you type it in the file browser
    then go to home/(user name)/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/(username)/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/settings/prefs.ini
    and type : audio=0 save it and close it (type it above "buffersize"
    you should be able to start eve online, but without sound

if the upper and lower ubuntu bars cause you to be unable to undock or close things , press esc and set window mode and press esc again, the press esc again and quit the game and start it again , it showld appear as a window and it wont change your desktop configuration

hope this is of help
    i got my info from : http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=9022
    Last edited by koer; August 30th, 2007 at 01:22 AM.

Beans

I'm trying to get EVE installed but every time I try to install it comes back with an NSIS Error saying the full eve client iv'e downloaded is corrupt. As a relatively new ubuntu user I could use some help.

Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Altar View Post
    ...the full eve client iv'e downloaded is corrupt...
    First thing to do is to download it again. Seems like the first download had errors in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12