Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seriously, stop being rude to people who complain about Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Seriously, stop being rude to people who complain about Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by xpod View Post
    This time last year I thought a partition was the japaneese room devider my wife has in the bedroom btw.
    lol, brilliant, xpod!
    Linux user #435981 / Ubuntu user #9751

"...when i hear the voices, i ignore them, and do something constructive, like play with my ubuntu..."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

lol, brilliant, xpod!
    You thinks THATS bad m8??
    During my first weeks with the messed up Windows machines i was using at the time i must have somehow ended up with the American Keyboard layout(i didn`t realise this at the time) as my @ key was suddenly no longer working so what did i do????

I called up my isp to tell them my "@" on my Emails was`nt working
    The poor guy on the other end didn`nt know any better than me though as he had to go away and ask someone else and the best they could come up with was "START>Programs>Accessories>acceessibility>On-Screen Keyboard....

That was my first weeks in front of the bloody thing admittedly and although i eventually learnt a fair ole bit about Windows during my short time with it nobody can tell me you need to know jack s**t about computers before you can use Ubuntu.

EDIT:You just need to be willing to ask dumb seeming questions instead of making dumb seeming statements about the thing
    Last edited by xpod; June 19th, 2007 at 01:37 PM.
    http://ubuntuclips.org/videos/4

For the lazy readers

Beans

Since newbies are the future of the Linux community I think they should have a say, even if they have a few complaints. A bad first impression could put someone off linux for life. A good first impression can make people want to get more involved and is good for Linux Publicity because they will recommend it to their friends. Word of mouth is a very powerful thing when it comes to the repuatation of a service or product. Anyone who runs a business will tell you that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I would not call it rudeness, but I have seen ome impatience when certain questions are asked that have been repeated many times. Sometimes, when such questions are asked, I try to make a friendly comment reminding people to use the search feature. We are after all human beings and cannot be under control 24/7/365.
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234