Thread: Howdy

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Talking Howdy

I was just curious is there was a spot where you folk all met in person. I used to host a Linux group at the Borders I used to run, everyone would bring their laptops and help each other out and show folks the operating system who just walked by and I was just curious if you were doing anything like that. I just made the switch over to Linux and wanted to meet some patient people who could help me out with it.

thanks,

Cory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Howdy

Quote Originally Posted by Cory_is_a_noobuntu View Post
    I was just curious is there was a spot where you folk all met in person. I used to host a Linux group at the Borders I used to run, everyone would bring their laptops and help each other out and show folks the operating system who just walked by and I was just curious if you were doing anything like that. I just made the switch over to Linux and wanted to meet some patient people who could help me out with it.

thanks,

Cory
    That's not exactly the goal of the LOCO teams, but if you looking for a linux user group (LUG): I'd suggest maybe Philadelphia LUG http://www.phillylinux.org/ or Cherry Hill LUG http://chlug.org based on your profile. They have monthly meetings.

If there's something in particular you have a question about, if we can't answer it, we can probably point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by ccw; June 15th, 2007 at 08:02 PM.
    Hello, I am a PC and I run Linux.

Beans

Re: Howdy

We don't necessarily have weekly meetings or anything but we're always around to help out. Where do you live? If you wanted to get together and just hang out, talk about Linux and such that could easily be arranged and I'm sure a few people would come out to enjoy the comradery. A lug might /also/ be a good place for you but certainly not the only place, so to answer your question: yah sure, we don't have anything setup but if you want to organize it you're welcome to and I will see you there!