Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

Beans

Re: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

Hi, everyone! Donna, KB6FOT here. Ham since '85 and Ubuntu user since 2008.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

hi
    AB1MG here

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

I am KD5MKV Steve from Edinburg,Tx using Ubuntu 10.4, I have switched completely to Ubuntu linux three years ago. Like to thank the folks at Ubuntu Hams for the PPA repositories.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

K5FIWL, Pasadena.

Anyone out there using chirp to read TYT-UVF1? lsusub is showing Prolific cable in software...the chirp site shows TYT-UVF 1 support "new"

Beans

KD7BUG, Pacific Northwest since early 90's
    Last edited by click4851; June 30th, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    AMD 64 3000+, 2G RAM, ASUS K8N , XFX GS7800, Linux Mint 9 , WinXP(dual boot/seperate HD)

Stalker's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving how much the United States sucks approaches one.

Beans
    Distro

GM DE KG5UC / NAME IS GLENN /

I've been a licensed ham since 1964, then under the call sign WN/A9VPF (got my novice, then my General 6 months later). I held WB9PWF briefly, then received my present call while living in the New Orleans area. I've used Ubuntu since 2008, though I did have earlier brief stints with both Redhat and Mandrake. I've also used OS/2, BeOS, M$DOS (before Windows), and Atari DOS, with a few others thrown in briefly.

I've operated the bands 160 meters through 70cm, WARC bands included, using most of the older modes, both digital and analog. My favorite was always A-1, and in the early '90s I achieved around 40 WPM (by ear...couldn't write that fast!). I even operated CW while driving an 18-wheeler (good thing I could receive code by ear!).

I've been a VE, operated during events and emergencies, and even passed a message or two, sent and received by RTTY. I've been net control on several nets, the longest term of which was with the Before Breakfast Club on 75 meters.

I no longer operate my ham station much, since a tree took down the farm and I just haven't had the gumption to put it all back up. I'm getting a bit along to be running up and down ladders and traipsing all over roofs and such, let alone cutting down tree limbs that have grown in the way.

My current 'project' is in the literary field. I've written and am now editing an 112,000 word Fantasy novel, which I plan to make a series. That and the 'net takes up most of my time, these days.

As you've likely deduced by now, I've 'owned' more than one repeater's "windbag filter." LOL! I can time out a repeater without even trying!

73 from Glenn - KG5UC "Mungo just pawn in game of Life"
    Bump Thread Post #39000 - How To Partition

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I am KA5SUT in the U. S., and XE1UFO here in Mexico. I love QRP, DX, CW and emergency ops. (I was active during and after the 1985 Mexico City quake.) 73.
    Learning the awesome Ubuntu OS!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by xe1ufo View Post
    I am KA5SUT in the U. S., and XE1UFO here in Mexico. I love QRP, DX, CW and emergency ops. (I was active during and after the 1985 Mexico City quake.) 73.
    Hi Stephen, I just put up an old 10-80 butternut vert but the bands are real noisey so far.
    I listen to south cars on 7.251 in the mornings, about the only thing I can get decent.
    73, Cecil wd4lko

Beans

Ray, W6GLK here now in Washington State. Ham since 1947. Ubuntu user since about 2006.

I have a question:
    Is there a ubuntu version software for Ten Tech's Pegasus DSP Transceiver? If so I am having some difficulty finding it. Your help would be appreciated.

73s

Beans

Well after reading this tread I am inspired to study up an pick up my Tech license. Back in the eighties and some of the nineties my father was a Amateur Radio Operator. It has been a while since he was on the Air but he still has all of the equipment laying around the house. Believe it or not he still has a Browning Golden Eagle Citizen Band Base Station collecting dust but in excellent condition.

I did a little research and it looks like there is an active group in town, and maybe a branch of SkyWarn.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast