Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

i just did the addy change on the fcc site. which was really easy i think for a gov. site
    Still learning linux after using it for years

Linux Register User #481509
    Ubuntu Register User #25492

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Yes I renewed over the web also and it was very easy. No rig right now but I am thinking of getting a QRP kit. I installed the cw program to relearn code. Want to get my speed back up above 5 wpm at least.

KB7VGW
    Hillsboro, Or
    Ubuntu user #15179 Linux user #448304
    Thread Killer Extraordinaire

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

well i cant have "outdoor" antennas atm lol, i got a 2meter ht and a kenwood 570 that i mainly just listen to. got the 570 hooked to a 102inch whip on a mag mnt sittin on a metel chair out the window
    Still learning linux after using it for years

Linux Register User #481509
    Ubuntu Register User #25492

Beans

Yes good to see other HAMs. I've been a ham since 95, linux user since 12/07. Anyone found a LINUX EchoLink solution?

73 de N2STC

http://personalpages.tds.net/~cehons...es/its_me.html

www.moarc.com
    Everything is NOT relative.

Beans

Hi all
    Been a Amateur radio operator for a few years and have recently started using Ubuntu only a couple months ago. so far it is the smoothest installing Linux distro yet. I have played with the Ham software for Ubuntu and it is quite usable. I have to admit that HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) is one of the best software packages I have ever used so it makes me a little stuck with windows XP with that respect.

The newest addition to my computer world is the Asus eeepc with the xandros os distro. There is no ham radio software available for this system yet. Hopefully soon there will be as it seem the perfect match for the FT-817. I have tried the Xubuntu installation on it but had some issues that made me go back to the original os in advanced mode... After a bit of time and playing eventually it should make a fine portable radio PC for logging and PSK ops.

73's... Bruce... kb0pgo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

NS8N here (vanity, chosen for the weight on CW). Been hamming it up since 1999.
    Last edited by Soldierboy; November 27th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
    _,-O
    O
    (_)) ubuntu -
    -`-O

Beans

Sordello,

I saw you're an eepc owner. You can change the OS to ubuntu on an eeepc and there is a specific ubuntu flavour for it on eeeuser I think.

I run a beacon monitoring site and use Faros for that and would love to switch to an eee and do it under linux but there doesn't seem to be a native app for it.

Other than that I'm trying to make the switch from HRD and it's hard as theres no comparable app in linux

Alex, g7kse
    g7kse.co.uk

Beacons...6 and 10 report and other geekery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'll throw my call sign into the mix.. kb8hsd since 1989, my father is a ham, so is my son... three generations worth.

Beans

Sounds like you're never more than a few feet away from a radio ham!
    g7kse.co.uk

Beacons...6 and 10 report and other geekery

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Good idea OM.I am new to Ubuntu and am amazed at its useability and user friendliness.Also amazed at the ammount of info and applications available on my computer ready to be enabled and on line.
    I would love to be able to thank the gentleman personally who devised the system,if anyone knows his e mail address.
    Also a great big thank you to the staff at Canonical on the Isle of Man from were I downloaded my copy of Ubuntu 7.10.
    I wish I had discovered it many years ago,would have saved me a lot of headaches(and money).
    I absolutly love it.
    THANK YOU also to Linux Format magazine that I have also just discovered.
    Getting bsck to ham radio I have been licenced since 1984 mainly cw.and prior to that I was g6hzl.
    cheers and 73 Barrie g4yjs.
    In England thanks for the suggestion.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast