Page 100 of 145 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1445

Thread: The "Bye, Ubuntu" thread

uputer is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: The "Bye, Ubuntu" thread

Quote Originally Posted by kellemes View Post
    Your attitude sucks.
    Most people's attitude here sucks.

This is probably the worst (Linux) community I've ever come across.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by uputer View Post
    Most people's attitude here sucks.

This is probably the worst community I've ever come across.
    yeah uputer the Ubuntu community is well known for this. Or could the problem actually be you......?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Sorry Linux, it’s just not working out

You didn't say anything in your post that hasn't been said before. I've heard all that ad nauseum. Why are you so offended, really?
    Total and utter rubbish. Your comments offended me not the OP's.

If you took the time to check my previous posts before spouting a lot of half baked drivel as to my attitude to critiscism you would see a number of occasions when I have taken constructive critiscism and seen what we can do with it.

Yet, your post suggests the community is closed to anyone who doesn't react in the 'preferred "rah rah" manner'? That is rather close-minded and unrealistic, isn't it?
    And? See previous posts.

I spent hours trying to get wireless to work and am not offended if someone posts, saying they couldn't get wireless or some other aspect working. Not everyone can have a wonderful experience and regardless of what they expect to find out of Linux, certain failures can be especially frustrating. It's feasible and expected that a lot of computer users would be looking for a way out of the Windows stranglehold. That could be good, don't you think so?
    This user isn't complaining about a mainstream problem that needs to be rectified for the masses. This user is complaining that Linux is not a good platform for CAD - the applications are not developed by Ubuntu and the whole tone is thouroughly negative, in fact it stinks of trolling.

If you insist that it's such a good idea for people to be able to rant about bad experiences, then why can't I answer that sort of post when it's misinformed? Or to extend that why can't I vent too??
    (12:25:08 PM) sabdfl: if Linux is just another way to run Windows apps, we can't win
    (12:25:13 PM) sabdfl: OS/2 tried that

Blog | Dropbox

Beans

I really think someones response should be aimed at helping, guiding and supporting, if you aren't able to do this please don't response at all, you're not helping GNU/Linux by spilling hate.
    Lets keep it clean folks, lets have fun using the better system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kellemes View Post
    I really think someones response should be aimed at helping, guiding and supporting, if you aren't able to do this please don't response at all, you're not helping GNU/Linux by spilling hate.
    Lets keep it clean folks, lets have fun using the better system.
    OK put your money where your mouth is and you help uputer through his issues. Please tell us all about it afterwards, which curses you used most often, what variety of self-medication you resorted to and how long it took until you realised he's trolling. kthxbye

here's a tip: use the quote facility liberally as he is keen on stalinist style editing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey Uputer one comment on your problems. I used to use Kubuntu Feisty and for some reason I had problems with it detecting some usb devices automaticaly as well as detecting some flash cards (I have a multicard reader). Have you tried a liveCD of something else using a different DE? I know this technicaly should not matter but sometimes it does.

Also wicD is indeed and awsome wireless app though I stick to the default gnome app. If you want a good distro with a friendly community and wicD by default you could try Mint's XFCE edition. Runs fast and has wicD by default plus its dev has been tinkering with the wireless for awhile now and I think he has done some good things.

I've fun into problems with some users as well but that's just because us Linux users are a passionate lot, or at least so my wife tells me .
    Windows vs. Linux, what you mean there's a doubt?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hairshirt View Post
    How comes this post is still alive. (People like me replying to it I suppose!) Every search I do on these forums this damned thread rears its ugly head.

Bye bye and get stuffed and don't come back is all I have to say. Knobs!

Anyone is free and welcome to go backwards and allow themselves to be a milk cow for the likes of scum like Gate and Jobs as far as I'm concerned.

To hell with you.

Beans

Uputer, give it up already. I have seen nothing but negativity and trolling from you. If you want to whine about your problems instead of fixing them, go back to Windows. Each post you are spewing the same negative babble spinned in your ignorance. You find it hard to believe that there's plug and play on Linux? Well let me tell you, there are many, many users where all of their hardware works out of the box on Ubuntu. And those that do have trouble getting something to work, they do the intelligent thing and google their problem or ask on this forum. But I assume that is too much work for you, being you're lazy and trolling on a Linux forum is more entertaining. If it doesn't work, fix it, or go back to Windows. I am sure Bill Gates will welcome you back with open arms.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Please go back on topic, the situation is being taken care off. Thanks
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Sorry Linux, it’s just not working out

Quote Originally Posted by ddrichardson View Post
    This user is complaining that Linux is not a good platform for CAD - the applications are not developed by Ubuntu and the whole tone is thouroughly negative, in fact it stinks of trolling.
    I totally agree with ddrichardson, FWIW, it does stink a little of trolling.
    I mean, c'mon, this guy has spent (he says) YEARS customizing his rig for windows, chasing hardware and drivers and then checking how these "interact and work best together with programs" and then -suddendly- discovers that linux is different and uses different drivers, and he 'refuses to change all that to suit linux"? Yep, it does have a slight sniff of trolling, allow me to say it.

But the funny fact is that his "conclusions" are wrong (both if he's a troller and if he's legit), coz he still could have a more powerful rig than in windows, even if he does not realize it.
    So allow me to repeat my previous advice

OP:
    I’m to run my computer at half its capabilities?
    ME:
    Nope, you'r running your computer at half its capabilities now under windows, poor thing. And you even have, under windows, those crap DRMs and all the sniffers to battle against, as an added disadvantage.

But, this said, in order to trim your box in GNU/Linux you'll have to invest some work (exactly as you did in windows).
    SO Drevix: belly in, keep straight, stop trolling, roll up your sleeves! The power is yours for the taking!
    Retire, miscreants, to your muddy billabongs and forget even passive attempts to educate windozian zombies: how can those of easy virtue, who simply stroll into a store and "buy" programs off the rack, compare to us?

Page 100 of 145 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast