Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software Freedom Day 2007 in Ireland ?!?!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Software Freedom Day 2007 in Ireland ?!?!

I made a public Google Calender for Ubuntu-IE, if you do a google calender search for ubuntu-ie you should come across it. Or you can use this address to find it:

http://www.google.com/calendar/rende...dar.google.com

I added an IRC meeting for Sunday at 2100GMT

Cheers,

Beans

I will be on holiday from 10 to 17 september in dublin, I would like to join the event ! let know where it will happen and I will probably be there!

Bye

Beans
    Hidden!

hey lads,

we've got less than a week to register the team for Software Freedom Day 2007...

what's the story? are we up for it or not?

IRC meeting: Wednesday 25.07.2007 at 9pm Irish time. URGENT!!!
    My Blog | Irish Ubuntu Community
    Registered Linux User #401535 | Registered Ubuntu User #13516

Beans
    Hidden!

so...

now it is 11.pm

so far nobody turned up

I've just seen the FreeAsInBeer in Dublin project, so maybe we could join them...?

Maybe one of ye is in contact with them?

Anyways, I waited for an hour and I have to say: I GIVE UP!

So, All the Best!

Mean-Machine
    My Blog | Irish Ubuntu Community
    Registered Linux User #401535 | Registered Ubuntu User #13516

Beans

I just came to this page while trying to find out if there was anything happening in Dublin for Software Freedom Day. I can't find anything, but I think it'd be a shame if something wasn't done, even it if it will be small and unofficial.

I'm involved in a space called Seomra Spraoi, and some of us are planning to do something small but significant in the space on the 15th. It's incredibly short notice I know, but even a few flyers and a few posters would be do-able. Maybe we could have a little open source workshop for people interested in trying out such stuff for the first time.

Having some expert speakers would be nice (I'm a novice to open source, and I'm not a programmer). I recall sitting next to a Trinity College Lecturer on a flight home from Barcelona once. He was a proper Software Freedom proponent, maybe I can find him in time, who knows?

Anyone wanting to do something for the 15th, send me a message through this forum and I can count you in.

At the very least we could sit around drinking tea and talking about software. That's ok isn't it? At best we could make a non-proprietary robot army.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

things are pretty quite here! Well, I'm settled into my new house, and new job 5 weeks now, and have just got my broadband a few days, so will slowly be getting some free time to get more involved.

As it happens, in out of Ireland from Friday for a week, so can't help much with this years SFD.

I think something like this should be done in conjunction with other distro groups that might exist in Ireland, and with some support for big irons like IBM/HP who are vocal about their Linux plans. Maybe this year we should start gathering info on other linux users around Ireland, regardless of distro so that we can be ready for SFD proper next year.

Anyway, that's for another day.

Good luck this weekend if anyone gets to do anything.

Highway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12