Thread: Tomboy Notes idea - what do you think about it?

Beans

Tomboy Notes idea - what do you think about it?

I love tomboy notes, really I do. It's AMAZING and very well thought out I use it for many many many things.

It's so incredibly useful, I wish it were more of a gadget than a piece of software!

Here's what I wish Tomboy could do:

run off my flash drive - I could get to my notes anywhere from either of my computers.
    run on windows (and/or Mac, i guess but... really?) from a flash drive - I could get to my notes anywhere from any computer.

But, what would REALLY be great is Tomboy, exactly how it is now ... but available as an application on a PDA. If there were any sort of PDA or Smartphone that could run Tomboy I'd pay double (no joke). Even if there were some sort of gadget and all it could run was Tomboy - I'd still buy it.

This is one of the very few cases where the software is TOO useful and easy to use for its own good.

I guess what I'm saying is... I'm a Tomboy Fangirl!!! I know I'm not the only one (maybe some Tomboy Fanboys?) anyone else agree with me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Tomboy Notes idea - what do you think about it?

tomboy is a mono application if i'm not mistaken. that means that it could run without much problem on windows because mono= .NET on windows.

in one blog a developer demonstrated how a mono application is compiled on linux and runs under it but also under windows , nokia N800 tablet and another nokia phone
    WARNING: "sudo rm -rf /" = BAD Read this for more information.
    Q6600-Abit IP35-2 GB RAM-250GTS 1GB

*Docky FTW!*

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by zekopeko View Post
    tomboy is a mono application if i'm not mistaken. that means that it could run without much problem on windows because mono= .NET on windows.

in one blog a developer demonstrated how a mono application is compiled on linux and runs under it but also under windows , nokia N800 tablet and another nokia phone
    TomBoy does not function very well on Windows.. I've tried it

Anyway... Yes, TomBoy is one of those programs that I love very very dearly and it would work VERY well on a small screen. Perhaps we should get someone to write one as an iPhone app
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"- Optimus Prime

Beans

If it is written in Mono C# and is OSS (It is in the Ubuntu Repos so i am guessing it is) then it shouldnt be too hard to port to C#.NET (Native to Windows).

As for Mac OSX, everything you need is in the Dashboard.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by bobbocanfly View Post
    If it is written in Mono C# and is OSS (It is in the Ubuntu Repos so i am guessing it is) then it shouldnt be too hard to port to C#.NET (Native to Windows).

As for Mac OSX, everything you need is in the Dashboard.
    Yeah, you would think that. but I tried the windows version and it crashed every single time you did something with it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"- Optimus Prime

Beans

Please submit your idea to http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas.