Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Thinking up alternate spellings for "Microsoft" does NOT make you look smarter.

Beans

Re: Thinking up alternate spellings for "Microsoft" does NOT make you look smarter.

Hey I'm an intellegent guy... but I still giggle at pee and poo jokes.

(heheh... microsh*t - nice one)

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Thinking up alternate spellings for "Microsoft" does NOT make you look smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Linux Killer! View Post
    Right, could somone please explain to me what is it about Microsoft that makes them "evil"?

Hitler was evil. Pol Pot was evil. Bill Gates is a businessman/nerd, and created Microsoft to be a ruthless company. That's business, that's how multi-national corporations act - why not attack Apple for exploitation in other countries? Surely they're evil too... or is that uncool?

There are arguably worse companies that MS; mining companies that dump their waste into the river systems that villages use as their water supplies would be an examply of a truly evil company. Microsoft makes software and holds a minopoly, and you're telling me that's evil?

Calling a corporation evil without some sort of perspective is immature. It's childish. Good vs evil is something I'd expect George W Bush to say (which he does), not intelligent people.
    Microsoft's history of lying, cheating and stealing (and being found guilty by the legal system in several countries) is a matter of record. Do a little research on you own. It isn't that hard.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by jgrabham View Post
    What about microsh*t
    All these derogatory names are one of my pet peeves, but this one is just funny.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Multi-Billion Dollar Software Giant

I was searching on for something else and stumbled across this tread and since I enjoyed reading it I thought I would add my thoughts about that "multi-billion dollar software giant" that I think you people are talking about.

I omitted the search term that I was using and the name of the "multi-billion dollar software giant", since I didn't want this posting indexed under those terms by anything.

Maybe that is why a lot of people misspell that word, since they just don't care to promote it in any way. Even if the page would rank about as the zillionth page with the name of that "multi-billion dollar software giant".

Hey just for the goof try searching with the quotes for "multi-billion dollar software giant" and see the ranking of this posting and you might just learn something about search engines.

So If would rather not talk about that "multi-billion dollar software giant" at all [like me], just leave them out of the conversation all together. Otherwise, Spell the name right and [as a bonus] give them credit for the ownership of any of their marks.

I don't think that "Multi-Billion Dollar Software Giant", is at all negative it's just an accurate description of that business entity.

Thank You

Beans

Well... at least now I know where the christians and Philistines meet, and what kind of garbage they fuss about. Meeeeowww.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910