Thread: The Ubuntu Templates Team

Beans
    Hidden!

Arrow The Ubuntu Templates Team

Hello,

From what I gathered in my Economics school environment, people tends to find the tools they are provided usefull mostly thanks to the qualities of their available templates. The is particulary true with Microsoft Office suite, from Frontpage to Word 2007 - it allows quick and esay editing, and it looks good.

However, there are basically not templates provided for, say, OpenOffice.org, or Scribus. Well, OpenOffice has some on OOExtras for instance, but they are not really well-known and kinda old, even if efficient. Such templates should be available in a repository and easy to install (ie. Applications → Add / Remove → Ubuntu Templates).

Could Ubuntu provide some templates for those basic productivity applications? There is no need to create a lot of them, but they should be creative and designed with quality in mind. I'm thinking of building a Template Team, but unfortunately do not have enough time on my hands to develop that idea on my own for now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: The Ubuntu Templates Team

Good point!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

well, i dont know the official routes around which development in linux goes, but im sure if someone just did a few templates and submitted them to one of the openoffice developers, they would either include them in their next release, or arrange for some sort of plan to further develop templates.

this is more of an issue to discuss with openoffice developers rather than ubuntu developers. i think, but im clueless, so take everything i have just said with a pinch of salt.

There's some work being done on this in different areas...I'm sure the OOo forums would be a good place to start, and people here are working on templates too...best of luck with this.
    "A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner"
    My kickawesome web design business...powered by Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!

This is more of an issue to discuss with openoffice developers rather than ubuntu developers.
    That's what I thought, but there are three basic templates included with Ubuntu, and they all have a Ubuntu twist. Moreover, OpenOffice.org default icons and splash screen are modified by Ubuntu. So that's a bit confusing.

Glad to see some people are already working on this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, if you do create a team, LET ME KNOW! or else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Other good places to find or upload templates are www.InkscapeStuff.org, ScribusStuff.org, and GimpStuff.org.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

| Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |