Thread: State forums?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

State forums?

Hi all,

First, I apologize for my lack of participation for the team. A lot of things came up and I focused on that. Ok, now on to the topic. Do you think each state in the Northeastern team should have their own forums? Please let me know. My opinion is that each state should have a lead (for lack of a better term) and go from there.

I personally think that each team should be run from the state level and form a council of sorts to plan the overall team direction. What works in Maine may not work in other states and vice versa. In order to decide the direction of the team, we need input.

This is your team! How do you see this developing? What should we do as a team? What is your goal for the state level of Ubuntu?

Cheers,

Brian aka Dayylin
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: State forums?

As a followup, the Maine team has secured a domain that allows us to have quite a few subdomains and mailing lists as well as forums, if your state would like a subdomain/forums/mailing lists, please let us know and we would be glad to host them for you.

Cheers,

Brian aka Dayylin
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: State forums?

Yes, each state is supposed to have its own forum. This forum exists sort of as a hub for the states and for people whose states lack a team to find each other to make a team.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net