Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official; First Meeting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Official; First Meeting.

Well, the weatherman just said the storm would clear up by the morning. Okay, let's go.

Sorry, a little World War 2 history for everyone.

I think it's time we set in stone our first meeting of the Wisconsin LoCo.

herteljt suggested that we hold the meeting on Wednesday, August 23. Unfortunately, that date won't occur until 2017. So, I think we should meet on IRC on Wednesday, August 22, at 8:00PM. I am suggesting 8:00PM because there was only one user I believe (musiclvr66) who said he/she wasn't available until 9:30PM or after. I haven't seen musiclvr66 respond to any recent threads, so for the time being I am going to assume he/she is inactive. This way uberushaximus will be able to attend before he has to leave at 9:00PM. I am just trying to include the most users possible while trying to pull the least amount of hair.

If you have a better suggestion for the date of the meeting, please reply. I am always open to suggestions.

Here is a very lax agenda:

1. Regular Meeting Time Scheduling
    2. Wisconsin Wiki Discussion
    3. Website & Launchpad Ideas
    4. Project Ideas in Wisconsin

If you want to discuss something with me, shoot me a private message or use of the multiple instant messaging protocols I have listed in my forum profile.

Cheers!

Update: The meeting has finished. Please see my post below or visit the Wiki to read the conclusions. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ek0nomik; August 23rd, 2007 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Meeting has finished.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Official; First Meeting.

Since I am currently six hours ahead, I won't be attending. Is it possible to have someone post the notes via the mailing list?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Since I am currently six hours ahead, I won't be attending. Is it possible to have someone post the notes via the mailing list?
    I will post the log of the meeting on the forum and post it on the Wiki.

I need to be confirmed to the mailing list still as I don't have the administrator password.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am still around, but have been very busy. Working full time and taking care of 2 young children leaves little time for other hobbies. Glad to see an official meeting is going to happen, bummed I am going to miss this one . Hopefully I can make the next one!!

Dave.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by musiclvr66 View Post
    I am still around, but have been very busy. Working full time and taking care of 2 young children leaves little time for other hobbies. Glad to see an official meeting is going to happen, bummed I am going to miss this one . Hopefully I can make the next one!!

Dave.
    Understandable. Always better to take care of real life issues then the hobbies.

Well, uberushaximus has shed some new light on the time he needs to leave. It looks like he can be up until midnight now.

musiclvr66: If you think you will be able to make the meeting if we hold it after 9:30 PM please reply to this thread or send me a message. I'd love to include you in the meeting, but I don't want to change the meeting times liberally. So, if you'd like to be in, just let me know and we can change the official meeting time to 9:30PM.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks for the offer, but you can leave the time where it is. It seems that 8pm fits the majority of people's schedule. I will read the notes once they are posted and keep up to date on what has been decided through the forums.

Dave.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by musiclvr66 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but you can leave the time where it is. It seems that 8pm fits the majority of people's schedule. I will read the notes once they are posted and keep up to date on what has been decided through the forums.

Dave.
    Alright, but don't say I didn't offer.

Once the notes are posted I think we'd all appreciate your input on all the topics being discussed too.

Beans

You don't have to log anymore Ek0, we've got the "Official" bot now

(that is if we figure out how to use it)
    Last edited by uberushaximus; August 17th, 2007 at 06:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just a friendly reminder about tonights meeting.

irc.freenode.net
    #ubuntu-wisconsin

8:00 PM.

Hope to see some of you there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I might not be on because there is a thunderstorm going on in my area right now (Howards Grove, 6:25 pm CDT).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast