Page 65 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Ultimate

Beans

Talking Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by acowboydave View Post
    I am such a dufus, the" errors=remount" I was reading was suppose to be like that, I gathered it was a warning to me, and something is wrong with my system, geezzz. Anyways leaving it alone. Sorry to tie up the space crying wolf.
    I am enjoying your work brother great job on the last wallpapers, working on a theme I am calling Ultimate II, eventually will be all glossy black. Still a long way to go only have done buttons and menus. Do to the amount of work involved with tweaking EXT3 I usually don't mess with it, I do tweak my XFS file systems
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Question Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by iNNeRNoiZe View Post
    Hello,

at first, big up for your great work TheeMahn2003 !

Now my question: When will be the UUG 1.4 ready to download? I would like to install it on my new Computer to replace the f...... WinXP which was preinstalled.

I´ve installed the UUE 1.4 DVD 3 times and I love it. it´s so easy to handle !

Best regards from Germany,
    MiCHa
    Thanks, I have uploaded it 3X and 3 times it has failed to be able to download via http, appears there is a 2GB file limit, I have downloaded it via FTP and CRC checked it and it is fine, if ccal was around I would have him download it and mirror it, I just would not be able to host my own release . Unfortunately ccal is on vacation in Italy, anybody have 4 GB of server space and can take a real beating? I see about 1.5TB of traffic a week. I'm sure this will be much more then that.

It is done and sitting on a server ready to be downloaded, the server does not support anonymous ftp so that is out of the question.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by TheeMahn2003 View Post
    I am enjoying your work brother great job on the last wallpapers, working on a theme I am calling Ultimate II, eventually will be all glossy black. Still a long way to go only have done buttons and menus. Do to the amount of work involved with tweaking EXT3 I usually don't mess with it, I do tweak my XFS file systems
    Ultimate #2 ? Great!! Glad you enjoy, glad to help.
    MSI K9A2 MB. AMD 9850 BE 4Quad proc, 4x1 gig corsairs, BFG 260, corsair 1000w PS
    Acer 5520, AMD 64 Turion, 4gig ram, 160 gig HD, nvidia 7000, Dual boot Vista/Hardy
    cowboy http://sunset2u.com

Beans

@TheMahn2003, please check your PMs
    Last edited by iNNeRNoiZe; August 17th, 2007 at 03:07 PM.

Beans

Ultimate #2 ? Great!! Glad you enjoy, glad to help.
    Yeah I made the theme in 1.4 it was called Ultimate, so why not a Ultimate II?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by TheeMahn2003 View Post
    Check this one and email When I comment on how fast my system is not bragging about my computer but the OS. Going to do a little work on my site and hope to get it up . Based on Themes and Photos, free to all to use.
    MSI K9A2 MB. AMD 9850 BE 4Quad proc, 4x1 gig corsairs, BFG 260, corsair 1000w PS
    Acer 5520, AMD 64 Turion, 4gig ram, 160 gig HD, nvidia 7000, Dual boot Vista/Hardy
    cowboy http://sunset2u.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Well, I have found out that it is probably my motherboard that is the problem. I have an nForce2 Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and I saw on the ATI Linux Wiki that there are possible issue with the nForce3 mobo that were in production.

So, could the same issue be raised with the nForce2 mobo, like the one that I have. Sure, I would think so.

So I am chalking up the incompatibility of my Radeon x1600 Pro with XGL to the motherboard.

Now, do I find another mobo that supports my RAM and Processor, or buy another video card?

It will probably be easier to get another video card, but will I have the same kind of issue with a nVidia card? I would hope that an nVidia-based motherboard and an nVidia video card would work together, but you never know.

Michael
    Last edited by michaelramm; August 17th, 2007 at 07:14 PM.
    Michael Ramm, GSEC
    The 1-Man IT Department | Ubuntu User #16666 | Linux User #451972
    AlabamaTeam LoCo: Forums | Wiki | Blog

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by michaelramm View Post
    Well, I have found out that it is probably my motherboard that is the problem. I have an nForce2 Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and I saw on the ATI Linux Wiki that there are possible issue with the nForce3 mobo that were in production.

So, could the same issue be raised with the nForce2 mobo, like the one that I have. Sure, I would think so.

So I am chalking up the incompatibility of my Radeon x1600 Pro with XGL to the motherboard.

Now, do I find another mobo that supports my RAM and Processor, or buy another video card?

It will probably be easier to get another video card, but will I have the same kind of issue with a nVidia card? I would hope that an nVidia-based motherboard and an nVidia video card would work together, but you never know.

Michael
    I see no problem with your mainboard and actually has high reviews with *nix however, your Video card a different ball of wax. Note the topic: Hardware That Doesn't Work with Linux. Probably why I have 5 computers 0 with ATI. When I build a computer for someone NVidia is going it even if they buy a low end computer, sorry to tell you that. I have in all my time only seen 1 NVidia video card that has problems with *nix and that is a 5200 AGP but is fixable by adding option AGP "true" to the xorg. No I don't work for NVidia, sure sounds like I endorse their products
    Last edited by TheeMahn2003; August 17th, 2007 at 05:16 PM.

Beans

Red face Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

Check this one and email When I comment on how fast my system is not bragging about my computer but the OS. Going to do a little work on my site and hope to get it up . Based on Themes and Photos, free to all to use.
    I thought u might like to see a 2 sided cube with your wallpaper

Your file of 983.6 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 976.6 KB for this filetype. damn have to convert it.

The background is 360 degree panoramic view as you spin it its like you are standing over top of the pool if I spin 180 degrees you can see the house it is pretty tight but a huge file. 3.4MB png
    Last edited by TheeMahn2003; August 17th, 2007 at 05:32 PM.

Beans

Will do, any of my work is yours to use anyway you can. Thanks for the input and will email some more work your way.
    @acowboydave: are you doing that work on Gimp?? Or some other package?

Page 65 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast