Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Ultimate

Hybrid View

Beans

Wink Ubuntu Ultimate

For those that don't know what Ubuntu Ultimate is you can learn about the distro from my website.

I will be editing this post to keep people informed:

10/25/07 I will no longer be updating this post it is now being updated on my News & Events section of my forum. Just to give a heads up U.U.E. 1.6 is really close to "official" release. Those that are registered on my forum will get it even before it has a webpage even written, you can learn the benefits of registering here. So please take the time and register, before it is too late.

10/22/07 I don't have time to update both forums, I suggest you read the News & Events on my forum, you will want to register as soon as you see yesterdays post. I am uploading U.U.E. 1.6 as I type this. Only registered users will be able to see when it goes "Hot for release" & download it directly from a hidden post (viewable only by registered users) on my forum. It will be posted to the main site later after I write a webpage for it.

10/20/07 Work on Ubuntu Ultimate 1.6 is going slow however I am posting from the Live DVD, which works perfectly thus far about 300MB of nothing but updates. Thought I would toss down a few screenshots (can be viewed in News & Events section on my forum). Wallpaper login etc. are subject to change based on your vote.

10/19/07 Yes, I know Gusty Gibson has been released as final and have been building from it to make 1.6 no easy task. If you would like to learn how the release cycle works with U.U.E. you can learn about that here. I highly suggest you take the time and register on my forum, those that do will be able to view a thread that guests cannot see. It will be under News & Events a release before even a webpage is written for 1.6, most likely days in advance.

10/16/07 Our forum is now online and open for registration and posts, please bare in mind there will be some initial growing pains... Enjoy !!!

10/06/07 Got talent? Graphic artists wanted, would you like to have your work seen by 100's of thousands of people? I have set up a poll read more about that here.

10/04/07 I know it has been a long time since I posted, got a job takes up alot of my time not that I have not been busy pre-building what will be 1.6 (Gusty Gibson based), I have made a new grub splash, Usplash theme, GDM theme, wallpaper and theme for it, you can read more about that here. Been setting up our own forum as well not ready for mainstream traffic yet, will keep you informed.

09/22/07 1.5 has been released!!! I will not post it internally until torrent is brought online, so as it sits right now a ubuntuforum exclusive enjoy. Funny an admin moved my thread today, an admin told me to post it where it was.

09/20/06 WOW an idiot I am.. . I may have openly said so as far as corruption jfg69, brought it to my attention (Think that is his nick). Perhaps as I indeed have said in the past, the upload is corrupted seen it first 2nd hand, sorry I will now name snaple he took the "Pepsi challenge" and is no new comer to traffic. I am re-uploading it as I type this. Did not want you to think I was B.S. ing you.

09/18/06 It simply blows my mind the pounding going on across the board, I have spoken with a gentleman this eve (no names mentioned) he holds the "key" on the release of 1.5, currently all servers including mine are at max capacity with 1.4 (2.6 TB this week), this guy if he is up to the "Pepsi" challenge wiill feel a huge punch from the snap. Even if he does not accept, we will still have a release but it will be slow (Irregardless I suggest you torrent to help others).
    1 of 10 *can you imagine what ccal has seen, or other mirrors?:
    Code:
    6135179.23 MB of 250000.00 MB (2454.07%)
    09/15/07 Due to the many repeated questions I have decided to create a Forum based F.A.Q. This will take some time to complete perhaps your question is already answered there. I should be spending my time writing a webpage for 1.5 it is uploaded and ready for release.

09/14/07 I have discussed it with ccal and he does not care (he has unlimited bandwidth and pays the same no matter how many people "hit" him") there will be a 1.5 release (uploading it now), however I will be unable to host my own release, a lot of weight will be on his shoulders. Ccal deserves a huge thanks, he is about to be at max capacity for a long time to come, I will adjust the script to remove his repo from your list 200 people at a time is more then anyone should ask for. After traffic calms down I will update the script and put it back in, the script update will be no time soon, obviously I have "bigger fish to fry", I wish people could see what I do.

09/12/07 I have completed and am currently running UUE 1.5 (Gnome, KDE, Enlightenment, Window Maker & XFCE included) each environment 9 in all are selectable from the login window. I have made a short screencast of the KDE environment & posted a few screenshots of Gnome environment. With the current amount of traffic it is unknown when / if it will even be released the servers are at maximum capacity, if traffic slows down perhaps we will have a release; those of you that run 1.4+ will want to wait for the script update, this will allow you to upgrade to 1.5 w/o having to download the 2.2 Gig 1.5 release. Will post more info as it becomes available.

09/07/07 Updated Super Tweaking Ultimate page, now have UUE 1.4 Gamers booting into gnome in 15 secs Bonus tip added for those with dual core CPU's. If and only if you like the end results, please provide me a few kudos.. Probably by the time you read it fully a thing of the past, a large webpage

09/04/07 Paid for the repo & download server to be put back online, repo problems should now be a thing of the past. The download server however will take at least 24 hours to refill (unless ccal helps me out).

08/30/07 Due to the great work of Ccal as always. Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 Gamers is now available for download, screencast. Enjoy!!! His repo is now online as well downloading from it now If you have time I'd appreciate a few diggs. Lets see if ccal can handle the digg effect

08/29/07 Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 Gamers edition (64 Bit) is now uploaded, 18 hours to upload 1.4 Gamers X86 (16 1/2 left).

08/28/07 Repo is now mirrored via ccal, 2 standard repo mirrors and one on the way Will be set in motion in a few days. UUE 1.4 Gamers Edition (AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon) has been built and is uploading as I type this for those of you with 64 bit CPU's. There is also a standard X86 release (already done and ready for upload) for those with intel or don't want to run a 64 bit O/S, a huge download most games are integrated on the DVD. You can read more about it here. If you would like to see the list of games included you can read more about that from my website please note this page is under construction as of time of this post, don't expect the download links to work yet, screenshots and screencast are from 1.4 DVD not Gamers yet.

08/21/07 Repo and download server are down here is why, please don't click on the upgrade Icon until they are back up, will take days in just re-uploading, thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

08/18/07 Even though a re-built Ubuntu Ultimate Gamers 1.4 (smaller & windows users happy), I will not release anything that cant be downloaded, no matter the OS you run; release has been uploaded to main server, there will be no "official" release until ccal comes back from Italy (1 week and & 5 days), or someone PM's me with unlimited bandwidth and ability to serve a hungry crowd.

Example:
    Code:
    Bandwidth:  	 4579333.41 MB of 2000000.00 MB (228.97%)
    This release will exceed that manifold... Not just in size (4GB) but demand. If you have 4GB of space and unlimited bandwidth (what you see above is Terabytes not Gigabytes of bandwidth, thought I would shut down the PM's before started), please message me.

08/14/07 I have written a How to Super Tweak Ultimate page, even though it is written specifically with Ubuntu Ultimate in mind I see no reason why a Feisty Fawn user can't use it as well. Enjoy!!!

08/12/07 Sorry to inform you that we may not have a release exempt a ubuntuforum exclusive. You most likely will not be able to download Gamers unless you run linux. Due to the limitation in Windows
    this is the best case situation, I may have to re-build it all.

08/10/07 Gamers Edition is done!!! You can read more about it that here. Will probably be 2 days before you can download it between uploading & mirroring a release of this size.

08/07/07 I wrote a brief howto covering installation of UUE DVD & Nvidia Driver installation. Testing a build of Gamers Edition a bit over 4GB!!! Download server has exceed it's bandwidth limits after almost 400,000 downloads of UUE 1.4 DVD and almost 200,000 of 1.4 CD, simply crazy and done in short order.

08/04/07 I thought I would shttp://hare with you all the making of UUE 1.4 Gamers, most wont be able to view it unless you run UUE 1.4 or have the codecs installed, first beginning, and midstride along. Please note no extension *nix doesn't need them Going quite well thus far. 245,517 downloads of 1.4 DVD from main download server only. Not bad for 2 days Massive traffic. Progress on UUE 1.4 Gamers Edition. We really could use some mirrors, post if you can help.

08/03/07 Mirror & torrent now setup. Please feel free to give me a few "diggs", I dugg my own website I want to see if it remains up, the propose of having 3 to begin with. Thanks.

08/02/07 Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 DVD is available for download enjoy!!!. Screencast. Mirrors & torrents will be set up tomorrow.

07/31/07 Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.4 DVD is now uploading ~2GB will take nothing short of 9 hours to upload, mirrors please stand by. Many wireless issues have been addressed and integrated onto the DVD (screenshots).

I would like to apologize if I do not immediately get back with you, I hope you can understand I am a very busy Mahn , I do try and respond to each and every post.

Looking for help or answers please view our old thread. Still can't find an answer? Please feel free to post.

Below are screen shots of 1.4 DVD version... And a screencast, a bit choppy sorry about that happened when converted from oog / vorbis to avi..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheeMahn2003; February 13th, 2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Why not add screenshots during progress

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

Good to hear! Will there be a massive torrent that I can jump on over the weekend?

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by justin whitaker View Post
    Good to hear! Will there be a massive torrent that I can jump on over the weekend?
    I have yet to post the news to ccal my #1 torrent / mirror man, but I will now send him a PM. I'm actually hoping this to not be slammed as bad as prior releases, it is a beta and not linked from my site. Last release knocked my site offline I'm hoping to avoid that please bare in mind a beta.
    Last edited by TheeMahn2003; June 1st, 2007 at 10:00 PM.

Beans

looking forward

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu Ultimate

I just paid to upgrade downloadubuntusoftware.info to 2TB enjoy, probably burnt up in 1 day copy past just 4 u
    Code:
    downloadubuntusoftware.in
    fo
    Hosting Login: 	***********
    Server IP Address: 	68.178.254.187
    Dedicated Hosting IP: 	
    Billing Date: 	6/22/2007
    Disk Space: 	1707.00 MB of 200000.00 MB (0.85%)
    Bandwidth: 	5.02 MB of 2000000.00 MB (0%)
    The pending will go away...
    Last edited by TheeMahn2003; June 2nd, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by TheeMahn2003 View Post
    I just paid to upgrade downloadubuntusoftware.info to 2TB enjoy, probably burnt up in 1 day copy past just 4 u
    Code:
    downloadubuntusoftware.in
    fo
    Hosting Login: 	***********
    Server IP Address: 	68.178.254.187
    Dedicated Hosting IP: 	
    Billing Date: 	6/22/2007
    Disk Space: 	1707.00 MB of 200000.00 MB (0.85%)
    Bandwidth: 	5.02 MB of 2000000.00 MB (0%)
    The pending will go away...
    Intense Intense

Is the new beta (forgive my ignorance really) 7.04?

Cause all that software preinstalled is nice, I might just have to go run out and buy a blank DVD
    i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by godd4242 View Post
    Intense Intense

Is the new beta (forgive my ignorance really) 7.04?

Cause all that software preinstalled is nice, I might just have to go run out and buy a blank DVD
    Yes, it was built from a virgin Ubuntu 7.04 disk, do not expect the same stability / problem freeness as can be found with other Ultimate releases. This is a Beta with that said... It took me hundreds perhaps 1000's of builds to get a good one, I expect Feisty to be a much larger chore. I am running it now (the beta) I have seen very few problems but none the less still problems.

Beans

Ubuntu Ultimate Gamers Upgrade

I had Ubuntu Ultimate Edition installed on my AMD64X2Dual Core and was delighted with it.

I ran the "upgrade" script yesterday and it fetched a "new" script that offered the Ultimate Gamers Edition.

I don't know why I lunged at it. I don't even play solitaire.

In any event, this thing spent an hour or so downloading a bunch of war games. I was in one, and it wasn't as much fun for me as it is for most apparently. In any event, just after downloading AMERICAS ARMY and apparently succesffully installing it, the machine totally locked up.

I let it sit for an hour hoping it would finally sort itself out. Nothing. So I rebooted it. Now, I get to the point of launching X, because I do get a screen cursor, and I can move it around. I'm past the NVIDIA flash screens. But there it stays. It never comes completely up.

I can CTRL-ALT-F2 and get a command line. I've already gone to an earlier XORG.CONF file (now I get a BIG cursor). I'm out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas. And I have some stuff on this drive that I really need to get off before repartioning it.

Jack Rickard

Beans

Java

I am not able to read any flash or java web sites.

I tried the command listed on the webpage

sudo apt-get install -y --force-yes java flash acroread

apt-get told me it could NOT FIND JAVA.

I must need another suppository or something. Any ideas?

Jack Rickardf

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Java

Quote Originally Posted by jrickard View Post
    I am not able to read any flash or java web sites.

I tried the command listed on the webpage

sudo apt-get install -y --force-yes java flash acroread

apt-get told me it could NOT FIND JAVA.

I must need another suppository or something. Any ideas?

Jack Rickardf
    Have you tried using automatix?
    http://www.getautomatix.com/

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast