Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vista will not boot up at all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: vista will not boot up at all

Well thank you. I went to that Vista testers wanted thread and asked how I can get involved with testing the new builds.

I got and heard about Wubi from www.download.com where they only had test2. But they did not list and warnings about it not being compatible with Vista or anything. So I installed it but I couldn't get back to Vista, so the rest of my family was getting a little fed up with linux, mainly because they did not understand that they use FireFox to browse the internet in Vista and its the same thing in Ubuntu. I think the colors threw them off a little too

But I will definitely stick around and recommend this to anyone that has XP for now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Below is the link I used for dual booting. First I had XP on the machine, then I dual booted to Gentoo. I then upgraded XP to Vista, breaking grub. The link below walked me through reinstalling grub. Then I got rid of Gentoo and came back to Ubuntu, breaking Vista's bootloader. Again, the following link helped me reinstall it.

http://apcmag.com/5162/the_definitiv...x_vista_and_xp

Beans

Hey,
    I've been unable to boot up Vista since I installed Ubuntu (via liveCD). I tried the Vista LiveCD from the link provided, and unfortunately my C: drive says it must be formatted before I can use it. I tried their bmr manager, and it recognizes the partition (woo, it's a start), but I can't activate the partition (it says "activation successful" but stays inactive) and can't see any of my data. Any ideas, possibly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12