Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sql in html

Beans

sql in html

This might be a stupid question or impossible but programming type of stuff isn't my specialty. I made a database in phpmyadmin and would like to put the table on an html page. I would still like to be able to sort by columns etc, but not have to run a queery every time i want to see teh table. If any1 has any suggesitons or advice pleasle help thanks.

Beans

Re: sql in html

i should have mentioned this is in ubuntu

Beans

Go do a search on SQL queries via PHP on google. There are hundreds of pages that can help you. I suggest doing google search before posting to a forum. It will save you a lot of time.

Beans

i know how to run a queery thats not what i was asking. im tryin to make something like this only in linux

http://www.activewidgets.com/javascr...m-a-table.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by jeff00z28 View Post
    im tryin to make something like this only in linux
    Linux, ubuntu, whatever - thats irrelevant. Your problem is understanding how web server, PHP and SQL database work.

Every time you want different HTML page (like sorted by different field), web server needs to generate it. You may try to cache the data but IMHO it makes no sense and would be prohibitive.

You also can try AJAX and re-sort submitted data on client side using JavaScript, but I doubt you have a clue how to do it or what I am talking about

In short, what are you trying to accomplish, and what are your reasons?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by jeff00z28 View Post
    i know how to run a queery thats not what i was asking. im tryin to make something like this only in linux

http://www.activewidgets.com/javascr...m-a-table.html

HTML is static language you cannot access via it to database, doesn't matter you know queery or big gay al.
    you cannot access database within Javascript since it's client script and database is server application.

you can access database from server side language/script such as php, asp..... and so on...

what you have there called AJAX it uses PHP to retrieve data from database and Javascript+HTML to format it for your view when Ajax functionality just gives you ability to modifying database locally without reloading page when request sent

Beans

ok i understand it a little more I am more into networking but was asked to do this at work. they just wanted a database made but they wanted to be able to see it on an html page but i dont see how thats possible

Beans

ur right about me not knowing what databases involve lol. I took a class on sql server a few years ago a high school class so i know how to code it but i never rly understood completely how everything works and how it applies to things.

Beans

is there a way to like embed something onto an html page that links to the database but somehow displays its table?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It happens everytime you send a message to this forum or read a topic or see a list of threads... The answer is PHP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast