Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Worked great with my MX Revo on hardy. Thanks for the great app daou

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have an MX518 in Hardy and everything works the way I want except for two issues.

1) Revoco says it doesn't detect an MX mouse. Haven't read the manual yet cause I'm not overly concerned about it since the side buttons still work with btnx enabled.

2) How do I kill forward and back mouse clicks in FF3? In Gutsy I never had an issue but I map my copy and paste functions to the thumb buttons and its damn annoying to paste a URL and the browser still steps back a page.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by volksman View Post
    1) Revoco says it doesn't detect an MX mouse. Haven't read the manual yet cause I'm not overly concerned about it since the side buttons still work with btnx enabled.
    Revoco talks about MX _Revolution_ mouse, so that part won't affect you anyways...

Beans
    Hidden!

Would anyone consider porting btnx to Debian stable, currently Etch. Etch would require back porting as virtually all dependencies are too old. If this is too hard then perhaps you would consider Lenny which is due to be released in the September time frame. Lenny meets all dependencies. I use Debian only and I came across this nifty program through Google. I have a MX Revolution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethekyel View Post
    You nailed it, thank you so much!
    I'm using MX Revolution and everything works OK. However I did make some changes to the config. The only problem I get is when I use thumb button forward, which I configured this way:
    Code:
    # Thumb button forward.
    # Does an Alt+Right. Ex. Firefox forward
    Button
    rawcode = 0x01011400
    type = 0
    keycode = KEY_RIGHT
    mod1 = KEY_LEFTALT
    EndButton
    It does go forward, but it displays the window menu (close, move, resize...) where the pointer is after clicking forward. It's weird, because back is configured the same way and it doesn't have any issues. Do you know how to solve this?
    Thanks again.
    Someone else had a problem with the menu popping up with a different mouse as well. I can't replicate it myself. I'm not sure what could be the possible cause, other than it's probably an xorg.conf or some other mouse config setting.
    I am experiencing this issue with a VX Revolution mouse. I did a clean Hardy install a few weeks ago and have made no modifications to xorg.conf nor any other mouse-related configuration (besides btnx, of course).

The configuration for this button is:

Code:
    Button
    name = Forward
    rawcode = 0x01000114
    enabled = 1
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    force_release = 0
    keycode = KEY_RIGHT
    mod1 = KEY_LEFTALT
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton
    Everything else seems to be working just fine, the only problem is the forward button. It does go forward, but it also pops up the "Window Menu."

Has anyone been able to come up with a solution since this initial post? (Long thread to read through, and search is only so-so). Let me know if there is any other information I can provide that would help.

-Aikon
    Last edited by Aikon-; May 15th, 2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Included original quote
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Do not betray my trust.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I fixed my Forward/Back issues buy enabling xbindkeys:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install xbindkeys xvkbd
    Then create an rc file in your home dir:

Code:
    gedit ~/.xbindkeysrc
    Populate it with the key combos you want:

Code:
    # Copy and Paste buttons
    "xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Shift_L]\[Ins]""
    m:0x0 + b:8
    "xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Ctrl_L]\[Ins]""
    m:0x0 + b:9

Then add xbindkeys to your session startup and start it manually or log out and log back in. This stopped Firefox from going back or forward when trying to copy or paste a URL using mouse clicks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hmm.. Actually, I do want Firefox to go back / forward.. which it is doing, but only because I have btnx set to send Alt+Left and Alt+Right with the forward/back buttons. What I don't want Firefox (or any other program, for that matter) to do is to open up the "Window menu" that pops up everytime I press Forward.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Do not betray my trust.

Beans

Need a little bit of help getting my Logitech V450 to work. Trying to assign alt-left and alt-right to the directional scroll buttons, but extra events are being processed. Tried to modify xorg.conf, but no luck so far. Funny thing is that I've gotten it to work under 7.10 and when I upgraded to 8.04, but on a clean install of 8.04, nothing works. Here's my xorg.conf section:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
    	Driver		"mouse"
    	Option		"Protocol"	"auto"
    	Option		"Device"	"/dev/psaux"
    	Option		"ZAxisMapping" 	"4 5"
    EndSection

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by azncookiecutter View Post
    Need a little bit of help getting my Logitech V450 to work. Trying to assign alt-left and alt-right to the directional scroll buttons, but extra events are being processed. Tried to modify xorg.conf, but no luck so far. Funny thing is that I've gotten it to work under 7.10 and when I upgraded to 8.04, but on a clean install of 8.04, nothing works. Here's my xorg.conf section:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
    	Driver		"mouse"
    	Option		"Protocol"	"auto"
    	Option		"Device"	"/dev/psaux"
    	Option		"ZAxisMapping" 	"4 5"
    EndSection
    Which version of btnx do you have installed? The version that works in gutsy does not work properly in hardy, with extra events as you noticed. You need to install the one from subversion to work in hardy. That is what I am using with a revolution and it works great.

Beans

I got 0.4.11 installed, it's from the hardy repos listed on the first post of this thread.

Page 104 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast