Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

OK, I've been playing around with the settings a bit, and have noticed that you have gotten the shortcuts for firefox back/forward switched around.
    KEY_LEFT & KEY_LEFTALT should be back in history, and KEY_RIGHT & KEY_LEFTALT should be forward.
    You are right (someone else mentioned this as well). It was just a careless comment error in the config files but will be fixed in the upcoming update. Won't affect functionality.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

btnx has been updated to version 0.2.7
    Changes include:
    • Support for MX-1000. NOTE: MX-1000 will not be autoconfigured correctly on the first installation. See the FAQ section in the first post on this thread for a workaround.
    • Better installation script. Checks for an old configuration file and asks whether you want to keep it. Even if you discard the old config file, a backup is created.
    • Experimental support for VX Revolution mice with product ID=c521 (should be c518 ). Someone had this issue, not sure whether its a new batch of VX's or an error of some sort. VX's with this product ID use the same old VX config file, assuming none of the event codes have changed. If they have, I need hexdumps for a VX with product ID=c521
    Last edited by daou; June 9th, 2007 at 12:38 PM.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

tim71,
    If you have used another howto to configure the MX-1000, make sure to revert those changes first. See the troubleshooting section if this is the case.

Another thing: you specified tilt wheel left and right events in your hexdumps. However, as far as I know, the MX-1000 has 4 buttons around the wheel (up, down, left, right).
    Did you mean the tilt events were for actually moving the mouse wheel sideways or pressing the buttons around them?

If your MX-1000 wheel has sideways tilt functions, you can uncomment the tilt wheel left and right sections in the MX-1000 config file. If the tilts and the left and right middle buttons are the same things, keep the tilt sections commented out.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dritzen View Post
    Don't let anyone tell you that you don't know your stuff. You were right! I had some rules leftover from using this guide previously: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=219894

I removed evdev and undid the things that were in that guide, then I copied the revolution MX config over the default btnx and now everything is working perfectly. Hell, I didn't even know I could use the mouse wheel to push it right and left. The config is really good.

Thanks a lot for your hard work daou and for troubleshooting everything.
    No problem. I'm glad you were able to sort it out. I've added a note about problems like this in the troubleshooting section.
    And the default MX Revo config is what I use at home. It's really useful when having 5 firefoxes open with 10 tabs each, 1 workspace for surfing/music/IM, another for coding, and the last two for electronics work (schematics and pcb work) . But the most important thing is that everyone can configure it to their liking and use style.

Actually, I was thinking about having multiple configuration support for btnx. The user could give a command (or press a mouse button) to switch btnx to use another config file. So, for example, I could have one config for surfing, press a button and switch to a config for coding. This wouldn't be a small change, however.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by derekwp View Post
    Firstly daou, thanks for the scripts, work and troubleshooting you have done. Much appreciated.

I am trying to understand how it would be possible for my MX510 to on middle-mouse click, I think the config file it is entitled "Mouse wheel press," for it to scroll a window. I believe this is the default setup for Windows for this mouse. Apologies if this has been gone over before, I didn't see it. Thanks again.
    Derek
    No problem. But I didn't fully understand what you want your MX510 to do on a middle-mouse click-> "for my MX510 to ? on middle-mouse click". Could you specify this a bit more?

Or did you mean this: press the middle mouse button and the cursor changes to a scroll cursor. When you move the mouse up and down, it scrolls the webpage. In this case, its just a Firefox option: Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Use autoscrolling
    Check that option and it should work.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    No problem. But I didn't fully understand what you want your MX510 to do on a middle-mouse click-> "for my MX510 to ? on middle-mouse click". Could you specify this a bit more?

Or did you mean this: press the middle mouse button and the cursor changes to a scroll cursor. When you move the mouse up and down, it scrolls the webpage. In this case, its just a Firefox option: Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Use autoscrolling
    Check that option and it should work.
    Daou
    Indeed sir, thanks very much.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    tim71,
    If you have used another howto to configure the MX-1000, make sure to revert those changes first. See the troubleshooting section if this is the case.
    Only thing I use now is evdev (for hexdumping I had to change the driver temporarily)

Another thing: you specified tilt wheel left and right events in your hexdumps. However, as far as I know, the MX-1000 has 4 buttons around the wheel (up, down, left, right).
    Did you mean the tilt events were for actually moving the mouse wheel sideways or pressing the buttons around them?
    It is just what it says - wheel can be tilted sideways - only buttons around the wheel are "front" and "rear" buttons as can be seen here. These pictures can be confusing and it might look like there are 4 buttons.

If your MX-1000 wheel has sideways tilt functions, you can uncomment the tilt wheel left and right sections in the MX-1000 config file. If the tilts and the left and right middle buttons are the same things, keep the tilt sections commented out.[/QUOTE]

Only additional buttons are thumb buttons (3 of them) and buttons in front and rear of the wheel.
    Last edited by tim71; June 9th, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I tried to get the dumps from MX-518, but some buttons did not gave any output. Not sure what the problem is at the moment...

Beans
    Distro

Only thing I use now is evdev (for hexdumping I had to change the driver temporarily)
    Does your MX-1000 work with btnx now?
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I've just installed your script to use with my Logitech G5.

You wouldn't believe how long I've been searching for a straightforward way to configure it. Btnx worked flawlessly and with no configuration at all!

Thank you!

Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast