Page 52 of 128 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Some other people have been having this problem as well. I'll try looking in to it.
    Hi Daou, Thanks for the your response. Actually I think that what my problem might be is that my mouse/keyboard set up is the Cordless Desktop MX3000 which comes with a serial MX600 mouse. If I had a USB mouse then I'm sure it would work...maybe. Anyhow, what I did was switch back to the old version 2.14 because it works great. It navigates Nautilus as I like it with the thumb buttons.

I am having an issue now though where upon log-in btnx-config starts up and I have to enter my user password to continue the boot and then the btnx-config GUI loads up. I must have entered something incorrectly. I had this before I switched to 2.14. I had placed the btnx-config command in "Sessions" but I later removed it because it would load like that on login however, it is still doing it.

I still have the btnx-config GUI that I can use with version 2.14 though so that is ok.

Thanks again.

UPDATE:

Found problem to be that I clicked on "Remember currently running application" button in Sessions. I cleared all my open windows and closed all open apps and clicked on "Remember currently running applications" again and restarted X (sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart) and issue went away.

I installed new version 0.3.3 but btnx would not load automatically on log-in. I had to restart btnx manually (sudo /etc/init.d/btnx restart) and everything would work. I have switched back to version 0.2.14 and it loads normally. Again, this issue must be because I have a PS/2 mouse.

Thanks Daou
    Last edited by heatpumpcontrol; November 23rd, 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Solution to my error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm having a problem with creating a binary package with checkinstall.

btnx-config was OK and now I have a "btnx-config" entry in my Synaptic Package Manager, but I get the following error while checkinstall-ing btnx:

Code:
    Installing with make install...

========================= Installation results ===========================
    chmod a+rx ./scripts/install.sh
    ./scripts/install.sh
    Installing............
    btnx has been successfully installed.
    ./scripts/install.sh: /etc/init.d/btnx: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
    make: *** [install] Error 126

****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Cleaning up...OK

Bye.
    Any ideas why this happens?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Terve Olli...

First I like to thank you for this marvelous program! Then to the problem...

ADD: Running Ubuntu 7.10 amd64...

I have problems with my MX Revolution thumb buttons, and I also have checked and doublechecked manual troubleshooting section... I also have DiNovo Edge keyboard which has small touchpad in it, and I am thinking _if_ that is contributing some part here... They use separate receivers, as Edge is bluetooth keyboard and Revolution is not bluetooth mouse. btnx does tell that I have 2 mouses if I move them both in the initial mousedetection state, so they're supposedly not "mixing" to eachothers.

The thing is that they both behave besically like left mouse button and nothing I do changes their behaviour. They

Just let me know if you want to see my xorg.conf and/or another settings here.

P.S. If you like we can talk finnish privately and then post solution here in english if that would make this easier for both?

EDIT: I just tested that in revoco settings if I assign button 4 or 5 to toggle the wheel spinning-mode, it does assign that part as should to either one of the thumb-button.

EDIT2: hmm it seems they DO work... but somehow I can't set them to act as back and forward as I'd want them to... if I choose say BTN_THUMB, XEV doesn't show me doing anything even when clicking the heck out of the button, while as unassigned it shows button 8 or 9 being pressed...
    Last edited by olmari; November 5th, 2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: More info,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If this question has already been answered in here, I apologize. This is one long thread to read!

Anyway, I have a Logitech VX Revolution. I've done everything that I could find in this thread in order to get it working, including uninstalling evdev and editing my xorg.conf to limit its control as much as possible.

The first time I fired up btnx, it detected all of my buttons, but once I tried to configure them, it stopped working. Now, the only button that it will detect is the search button (not even the left or right click buttons).

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Beans

I have a logitech mx revolution and btnx is working great. The only problem I'm running into is with revoco. If i start btnx and change the revoco setting to automatic mode and restart btnx it works great. However when I reboot, revoco starts back in the free scroll mode. Is there any way to permenantly make the revoco set to automatic mode?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by rushrtb2112 View Post
    I have a logitech mx revolution and btnx is working great. The only problem I'm running into is with revoco. If i start btnx and change the revoco setting to automatic mode and restart btnx it works great. However when I reboot, revoco starts back in the free scroll mode. Is there any way to permenantly make the revoco set to automatic mode?
    This I can confirm also happening now when I actually tried to boot just to test it =)

Beans

TERRIFIC PROGRAM!

thanks so much for taking the time with all of us, I appreciate it.

The only issue I havn't been able to work out from searching this thread over is what is the key to make MIDDLE CLICK activate the scrolling feature, as seen in windows. anybody know? i've tried several, none seem to work.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee808 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Pressing the left ALT on the keyboard seems to stop it. I've also had problems with the scroll wheel adjusting the opacity of a window (running compiz). It seems the ALT key is "sticking" after using the thumb button occasionally. ALT+Scroll is supposed to adjust opacity. Again, pressing the ALT key releases it, and the mouse functions as expected. I'm guessing something is causing ALT to act like it is being held down. I get a few other odd mouse actions once in a while, and they all appear to be related to this.

Other than that, BTNX is great, and has been an excellent solution to a multi-button mouse!
    I had this exact problem. It happens probably 1 out of 10 times I used the thumb buttons. While browsing in file manager or browser it'll make everything go nuts. So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling after seeing there was a new version on this howto. Now btnx-config doesn't detect my mouse at all (logitech mx510) during mouse detection. Suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by heatpumpcontrol View Post
    Hi Daou, Thanks for the your response. Actually I think that what my problem might be is that my mouse/keyboard set up is the Cordless Desktop MX3000 which comes with a serial MX600 mouse. If I had a USB mouse then I'm sure it would work...maybe. Anyhow, what I did was switch back to the old version 2.14 because it works great. It navigates Nautilus as I like it with the thumb buttons.

I am having an issue now though where upon log-in btnx-config starts up and I have to enter my user password to continue the boot and then the btnx-config GUI loads up. I must have entered something incorrectly. I had this before I switched to 2.14. I had placed the btnx-config command in "Sessions" but I later removed it because it would load like that on login however, it is still doing it.

I still have the btnx-config GUI that I can use with version 2.14 though so that is ok.

Thanks again.
    There are some problems getting btnx to work with PS/2 mice, especially with the udev hotplugging.

You can try to search for any instance of the word "btnx-config" in init scripts by executing the command:
    Code:
    sudo find /etc -name "*" | xargs grep btnx-config
    It will give you a list of files. Try removing lines with btnx-config in any file that might be an init script. Or comment them with the '#' character, or make a backup first. That might stop btnx-config from loading.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by olmari View Post
    This I can confirm also happening now when I actually tried to boot just to test it =)
    This might be related to some of the init problems that btnx has been having lately. Perhaps fixing the init routine will help with this.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Page 52 of 128 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast