Page 59 of 128 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

I've gotten btnx working fine and I'm glad for the functionality. However, I have two issues with it.

1: I have an MX Rev and I have the side thumb buttons set to ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab for firefox. However, on occasion when using these (relatively frequently), it just freaks out and cycles through all the tabs really fast as if I'm still holding them down. I've set the repeat delay to 100, tried changing the shortcut to ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdwn, but to no avail. It's easily stopped by pressing a side-button again, but it sucks playing russian roulette whenever I want to change tabs.

2: Is there a way to control revoco with btnx commands? Seems silly just to have it as a little control panel inside btnx.

Thanks for making my MX Rev work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Perrako View Post
    I've gotten btnx working fine and I'm glad for the functionality. However, I have two issues with it.

1: I have an MX Rev and I have the side thumb buttons set to ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab for firefox. However, on occasion when using these (relatively frequently), it just freaks out and cycles through all the tabs really fast as if I'm still holding them down. I've set the repeat delay to 100, tried changing the shortcut to ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdwn, but to no avail. It's easily stopped by pressing a side-button again, but it sucks playing russian roulette whenever I want to change tabs.

2: Is there a way to control revoco with btnx commands? Seems silly just to have it as a little control panel inside btnx.

Thanks for making my MX Rev work!
    The new btnx and btnx-config v.0.4.0 include an additional option "Force immediate release" which should help with the button getting stuck down. It also supports multiple configurations, so you could have, say 2 configurations, with different revoco settings. Then you can bind a mouse button to switch those configurations on the fly, which also changes the revoco settings.

I've finished coding the new version. I need to do a little more testing and update the documentation. I can provide a download for the newest version before release, if you want to test and try the new functionality. Otherwise, it should be ready in a few days.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

btnx & btnx-config 0.4.0 released. It took a little less than a "few days".

Changes:
    • Support for multiple configurations. You can make many configs and switch between them with the press of a mouse button.
    • Configuration backup/restore functionality.
    • A force immediate button release property that releases a button right after it is pressed. Hopefully it will fix the stuck button problem.
    All this required a lot of changes to the programs. Don't hesitate to report any bugs, because I'm sure I missed some.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by atlas95 View Post
    Hello!
    I have add the udev rules, those:

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="046d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="c521", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/etc/init.d/btnx start", WAIT_FOR_SYSFS="bus"
    BUS=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="046d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="c521", ACTION=="remove", RUN+="/etc/init.d/btnx stop"

This work after start, but i suspend my laptop often and this rules doesn't restart, after resume i must restart the btnx daemon.

Could you help me please?
    Thanks
    Try removing the WAIT_FOR_SYSFS="bus" part (and the ',' character before it. Tell me if it works.
    I'm not sure why it wouldn't start after suspend. It's something that needs to be looked at.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

I can confirm, its working on Gutsy 32bit with my
    Logitech LX3 Mouse Optical (USB)

Good advise, don't forget to unable the buttons.

This is the perfect program and should became standard in Ubuntu.

imwheel & Co didn't work in my case.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    btnx & btnx-config 0.4.0 released. It took a little less than a "few days".

Changes:
    • Support for multiple configurations. You can make many configs and switch between them with the press of a mouse button.
    • Configuration backup/restore functionality.
    • A force immediate button release property that releases a button right after it is pressed. Hopefully it will fix the stuck button problem.
    All this required a lot of changes to the programs. Don't hesitate to report any bugs, because I'm sure I missed some.
    I updated and it works like a charm
    very good work
    =D>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Try removing the WAIT_FOR_SYSFS="bus" part (and the ',' character before it. Tell me if it works.
    I'm not sure why it wouldn't start after suspend. It's something that needs to be looked at.
    Yes ! It is working like a charme with this modif and last btnx version !
    Thanks a lot

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by atlas95 View Post
    Yes ! It is working like a charme with this modif and last btnx version !
    Thanks a lot
    I added the change in btnx-config 0.2.3. It fixed a problem during boot, but apparently, it creates a problem during suspend.

Note that the udev rule will always default to the original one when you save the configuration.

I might remove it in the next release. Or add some options to btnx-config to control it.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

yay new version works great!

but any suggestion what to use the thumbpress for on the mx revo? i cant think of anything useful to assign
    hardy 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Cool, so it's kind of like moust gestures for the desktop?
    XVII on irc.freenode.net | Openbox | XVII on Launchpad

Page 59 of 128 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast