Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Are you also on Gutsy? Try changing your InputDevice options like described in the manual's troubleshooting section 9.2.1. It might or might not work.
    Sorry, yes, I'm on Gutsy

Beans

OK, I think I got it working. I changed the device and protocol to what was in the manual and it looks like it works.

One more quick question, and I'm not sure if this is related to btnx, but can I change how many lines one click of the scroll wheel scrolls? Right now, it's moving too slow for my tastes (I think in OSX, I have it configured for 10 lines or something). Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
    OK, I think I got it working. I changed the device and protocol to what was in the manual and it looks like it works.

One more quick question, and I'm not sure if this is related to btnx, but can I change how many lines one click of the scroll wheel scrolls? Right now, it's moving too slow for my tastes (I think in OSX, I have it configured for 10 lines or something). Thanks
    I don't know if it's possible to do this in the window managers separately. You could probably double the speed with btnx by detecting the mouse wheel up and down scrolls. Then tell btnx to send the keycodes REL_WHEELFORWARD and REL_WHEELBACK for the scrolls.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

New btnx-0.3.2 and btnx-config-0.2.1 integrate revoco. You will find a new tab at the top of btnx-config which opens the settings window. MX Revolution users will find this handy (especially if you want to use the mouse wheel-press as a button).

The online documentation does not include help for the revoco settings. However, the manual available from the Help button in btnx-config has an up to date manual that describes the settings. Its in the section marked "Configuring revoco".

Enjoy!
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Trying to get it working in Gutsy..

Code:
    vforviktor@vendetta-laptop:~/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1$ ./configure
    configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in config "."/config
    vforviktor@vendetta-laptop:~/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1$ '/home/vforviktor/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1/configure' 
    vforviktor@vendetta-laptop:~/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1$
    "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
    Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
    n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Depressed Man View Post
    Trying to get it working in Gutsy..

Code:
    vforviktor@vendetta-laptop:~/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1$ ./configure
    vforviktor@vendetta-laptop:~/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1$ '/home/vforviktor/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1/configure' 
    vforviktor@vendetta-laptop:~/Installs/btnx-config-0.2.1$
    Ok same problem i forgot to fix when first released 0.2.0... couple files were links which needed to be replaced... download it again, should be fixed.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks it works now (great in Gutsy!). Though I have a VX Revolution. Same as an MX but the laptop version (so it's smaller lol).
    "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
    Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
    n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Try changing the button number mapping with xmodmap as described in the btnx manual (troubleshooting section 9.2.3).
    Well, this makes the thumb buttons send whatever other codes I map to 2 and 3, but it makes the actual right and middle click buttons send them as well, meaning I can no longer right or middle click at all.

Edit: I actually read the rest of the replies, and after changing the Device and Protocol lines it now works for me as well. Thanks, all!

Further Edit: One more bug report. When enabling the new revoco functionality (which is awesome, by the way), it appears that automatic mode goes away if I take the mouse out of range of the receiver. I need to restart btnx to get it back.
    Last edited by Jorenko; October 16th, 2007 at 05:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Jorenko View Post
    Well, this makes the thumb buttons send whatever other codes I map to 2 and 3, but it makes the actual right and middle click buttons send them as well, meaning I can no longer right or middle click at all.

Edit: I actually read the rest of the replies, and after changing the Device and Protocol lines it now works for me as well. Thanks, all!

Further Edit: One more bug report. When enabling the new revoco functionality (which is awesome, by the way), it appears that automatic mode goes away if I take the mouse out of range of the receiver. I need to restart btnx to get it back.
    btnx only makes temporary changes to the wheel of the MX Revolution, which are reverted during boot (and apparently when the mouse is out of range). It's a matter of changing one byte to make the changes persist, but I was reluctant to do this in case it causes problems for users.

I will think about changing the setting in the next release.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by RVDowning View Post
    When attempting to start the btnx service I get the error message, "/etc/init.d/btnx: line 34: /lib/init/vars.sh: No such file or directory"

Any ideas?

Rich
    I attached a start up script with a lot of extra stuff commented out (including a lot of the logging features).

Try it by copying the file in the archive into /etc/init.d/btnx (replacing the old script). Then, make sure it is executable with chmod.

Then you can test it with /etc/init.d/btnx start | stop | restart

Tell me what happens.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It compiles! Ship it!

Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast