Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1273

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    TN (Texan by birth)
    Beans
    310

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by pandaking View Post
    You could try this, it's like Setpoint but for Linux:
    http://www.hidpoint.com/
    oh man, I stongly urge people to NOT try that.
    I mean, thanks for the advice, but HIDpoint made everything that automatically was working STOP working, and nothing showed signs of life until I uninstalled it.
    I'm gonna go ahead and a) advise no one use it and b) never ever install that.

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    85
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

    Cool Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by miesnerd View Post
    oh man, I stongly urge people to NOT try that.
    I mean, thanks for the advice, but HIDpoint made everything that automatically was working STOP working, and nothing showed signs of life until I uninstalled it.
    I'm gonna go ahead and a) advise no one use it and b) never ever install that.
    This is clearly not the thing to use some closed-source binary blobs and "running-in-tray" thingies for...

    And when I saw the text

    IE users, right click and select "Save Target as" to save the .bin file

    on the download page, I just didn't now whether to laugh or not...

    I really did not switch the computing environment to read things like this and download some strange binaries from unknown source with suggestion of leaving an e-mail address. I really think, that I have left that behind me....
    Last edited by tim71; August 25th, 2009 at 06:18 PM.

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    85
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

    Thumbs down Good news!

    It looks like I got double-click to work again!

    It has to be done by modifying configuration file manually, because btnx-config interface does not offer needed option to choose from.

    Solution is here
    Code:
    Button
    name = front
    rawcode = 0x01000116
    enabled = 1
    type = 1
    delay = 0
    force_release = 0
    keycode = BTN_LEFT
    mod1 = BTN_LEFT
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton
    As you can see - both keycode and the modifier had to be set to BTN_LEFT for this to work in addition to previously known 'type = 1' option.

    btnx-config does not offer this choice for modifier, but when it is set this way, it just works.

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    2

    revoco dont go, no action!

    Hi,

    I have tried so many things and versions but revoco dont run. All the rest is fine, but revoco dont want to do the right job.

    At the moment I have installed version 0.4.11.3 (btnx) and 0.4.9.2 (btnx.config). I work with LinuxMint 7 and still as tried the older version (0.4.11 and 0.4.9), but the same problem.

    It would be nice, if someone could give me little help. I work with a Logitech Mxrevolution (2nd) and would like to keep the revoco feature run. Before I had Ubuntu 9.04 installed and it worked, then I installed a nvidia 9500gt (graphic-card) and the problems begann. The revoco-feature didnt work more. Now I have installed LinuxMint new and have still the same problem.

    Another problem that maybe as to do with the revoco-problem is, that it is not possible to start btnx-config from the menu, the only one possibility is to run from the terminal as sudo. If I do this, and after the configuration I click the button to start btnx again, I become this:

    /usr/share/btnx-config/btnx-config.glade
    Restarting btnx : Button Extension - mouse button rerouter daemon
    btnx successfully stopped
    btnx: uinput modprobed successfully.
    btnx: Opening config file: /etc/btnx/btnx_config_dummie
    btnx: revoco has been removed from this build.
    btnx: No startup errors.
    btnx: Parent done.
    btnx successfully started
    Verlasse btnx-config...
    The most irritating message is "revoco has been removed from this build". What does this mean?

    Hoppe someone can help me, thanks in forward.

    Caruni

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Beans
    102

    btnx works for stubborn dance pads too!

    This is a terrific program. I was able to use btnx to get my Cobalt Flux dancepad working with StepMania after trying lots of other programs and howtos without success. The details are in this post.

    You'll see from the post that I had to play some tricks with btnx_config_Default to avoid the dreaded "device ID conflict error", since my dancepad isn't a mouse. Then I was able to take advantage of the nice UI to detect the buttons and assign the keys. I used key assignments so my dancepad works as a mythtv remote control too.

    Thanks Daou

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Beans
    250
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: btnx works for stubborn dance pads too!

    Quote Originally Posted by rsay View Post
    This is a terrific program. I was able to use btnx to get my Cobalt Flux dancepad working with StepMania after trying lots of other programs and howtos without success. The details are in this post.

    You'll see from the post that I had to play some tricks with btnx_config_Default to avoid the dreaded "device ID conflict error", since my dancepad isn't a mouse. Then I was able to take advantage of the nice UI to detect the buttons and assign the keys. I used key assignments so my dancepad works as a mythtv remote control too.

    Thanks Daou
    Thats pretty cool.
    For All Things Dell Mini 9: http://www.ubuntumini.com
    For All Things Dell 1501: http://www.ubuntu1501.com
    Installing Ubuntu, wireless setup, tips, tricks, hacks and workarounds.
    Rock 'n Roll isn't Dead, It Just Lives in My Head.

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    1

    Re: Good news!

    Quote Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
    It looks like I got double-click to work again!

    It has to be done by modifying configuration file manually, because btnx-config interface does not offer needed option to choose from.

    Solution is here
    Code:
    Button
    name = front
    rawcode = 0x01000116
    enabled = 1
    type = 1
    delay = 0
    force_release = 0
    keycode = BTN_LEFT
    mod1 = BTN_LEFT
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton
    As you can see - both keycode and the modifier had to be set to BTN_LEFT for this to work in addition to previously known 'type = 1' option.

    btnx-config does not offer this choice for modifier, but when it is set this way, it just works.

    Hey, many thanks for this advise..

    It almost worked for me - I had to set 'mod2' to the same value also:

    Code:
    Button
    name = sideright
    rawcode = 0x01000114
    enabled = 1
    type = 1
    delay = 0
    force_release = 0
    keycode = BTN_LEFT
    mod1 = BTN_LEFT
    mod2 = BTN_LEFT
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton
    Hope this will help someone else.

  8. #1258

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    this is nice how-to. thanks

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ukraine, Europe
    Beans
    19

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    I want to bind side button to hide all windows and show the desktop, but don't know what KEY_? to use. Does somebody know? Or where I can find list of all KEY descriptions?
    I try to bind KEY_D + LCTRL + LALT but it don't work.

    Anyway it's nice app, thanx to creator!

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Beans
    111
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Does revoco work for anyone under 9.10?

Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •