Page 112 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1273

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Dipdip View Post
    I have a Logitech VX Nano on Hardy and the two small buttons on the left side beside the left mouse button is used as forward and back by default. I used btnx to set these buttons as volume control and it worked fine except for the fact that it also executes the default forward and back at the same time. Basically each button does 2 different things. How can I fix this??? Also, when I enter:

sudo gedit etc/X11/xorg.conf

It is completely empty, no text or anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    I'm no expert on this, but as near as I can tell, the "Forward" and "Back" functions are purely a Firefox deal.

Apparently the developers of Firefox thought they should set up "Forward" and "Back" mouse buttons automatically, which makes some sense for people who don't want to futz around with settings much and for people who aren't terribly fixed on a certain button setup. But as you have noticed, it's not necessarily right for everybody.

Possible options include: A) use Seamonkey instead of Firefox -- Seamonkey doesn't set up your mouse buttons automatically, nor does it override your button settings; B) change your window focus away from Firefox before you hit those buttons; C) figure out how to edit your chrome to disable the automatic "Forward" and "Back" mouse button function.
    Last edited by PierreDeKat; August 12th, 2008 at 09:43 AM.

Beans

Great guide! thanks
    I'm only having one "issue":
    I'm using a Mx revolution and i want the click of the thumb wheel to initialize "Scale" (Default compiz component, similar to mac os's Expose), the thing is that when i click it shows all my windows scaled properly, but cant choose one, because btnx sends multiple events (since i'm still pressing down the button) and it goes away.
    I don't know if i'm being clear, or if i this is the correct place to post.
    I've tried everything i could think of, and any help would be much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by PierreDeKat View Post
    I'm no expert on this, but as near as I can tell, the "Forward" and "Back" functions are purely a Firefox deal.

Apparently the developers of Firefox thought they should set up "Forward" and "Back" mouse buttons automatically, which makes some sense for people who don't want to futz around with settings much and for people who aren't terribly fixed on a certain button setup. But as you have noticed, it's not necessarily right for everybody.

Possible options include: A) use Seamonkey instead of Firefox -- Seamonkey doesn't set up your mouse buttons automatically, nor does it override your button settings; B) change your window focus away from Firefox before you hit those buttons; C) figure out how to edit your chrome to disable the automatic "Forward" and "Back" mouse button function.
    I am having the exact same issue as Dipdip, but I don't / didn't in Windows.
    When running Windows I set in "Logitech Setpoint" for my back button to act as a different key and in Firefox it worked fine, no back button action - so I am not so sure it is a built in Firefox feature?

I am also having an issue with some other keys I have set on my mouse and the setting "Force immediate button release", which doesn't seem to do anything.

Many thanks,
    Panda
    Last edited by pandaking; August 23rd, 2008 at 10:17 AM.

Beans

Just to post that btnx works for the following mouse as well:

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000

Left
    Right
    ScrollWheel-up
    ScrollWheel-down
    TiltWheel-Left *
    TiltWheel-Right *
    Side Button

This is so cool! The TiltWheel button for the Microsoft mouse cannot be configured for other key strokes in Microsoft Windows XP, but can be done with btnx in ubuntu!!

Beans

Hi,

I'm experiencing a somewhat strange problem.
    btnx correctly identifies my mouse (Logitech LX3) and all its buttons, including the horizontal scroll buttons. Since Ubuntu doesn't recognize my horizontal scroll buttons I decided to map them using btnx-config. Unfortunately the desired action isn't carried out whenever I use either of the scroll buttons - I also tried assigning a command to the buttons instead of keystrokes. I made sure that only my scroll buttons were enabled and nothing else.

Strangely, it turns out that each time I push one of the assigned buttons (my scroll buttons in this case), a new btnx process is spawned. It took me a while to figure out what was happening by which stage I had over 50 btnx processes running.

I'm using the latest version of btnx available through the repo and am on Hardy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Is btnx removed from the repositories? Apt get finds nothing, and neither does a search at Ubuntu Packages.

Nevermind, I should read the entire first post first...
    Last edited by Creap; August 31st, 2008 at 01:32 PM.

Beans

hi,

Did someone get BTNX compile under intrepid alpha 4? I get errors at compiling (uinpit.c errors)

And big thanks to Olli for this great piece of software

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I emailed Ollie personally, and he said fixing btnx for intrepid is not on top of his priority list.

Does someone know of a workaround for intrepid, I really miss zooming in with my wireless mouse.

btw, does someone know how to make the "mouse" driver to list more than 9 buttons? this driver seems to work alot better in intrepid, it just exports too few buttons to programs like compiz.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

need help here..
    i am one of the unlucky\doomed people who own overprices MX revolution, and i cant make it work >_< i tried both ways. compiling from source and downlaoding it from distros. when i compiled it from source i actually got to launch it but then after first pc restart it wouldnt launch again, so i uninstalled it(cd'd to the installation directory and sudo make uninstalled it) and then i tried to dl it from distro but in the end it gave me this error

W: Failed to fetch http://blognux.free.fr/debian/dists/...86/Packages.gz 404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    and the launcher didnt appear in applications menu, nor i can launch it from terminal..
    ITS PEENUT BUTTER JELLE TIME!

Fixing most issues with ati drivers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Kronie View Post
    need help here..
    i am one of the unlucky\doomed people who own overprices MX revolution, and i cant make it work >_< i tried both ways. compiling from source and downlaoding it from distros. when i compiled it from source i actually got to launch it but then after first pc restart it wouldnt launch again, so i uninstalled it(cd'd to the installation directory and sudo make uninstalled it) and then i tried to dl it from distro but in the end it gave me this error

and the launcher didnt appear in applications menu, nor i can launch it from terminal..
    I am having the same problem!
    November 4, 2008: GAME OVER!
    November 6, 2012: TRY AGAIN(y/n)?

Vista, Win7, and Hardy user

Page 112 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast