Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1273

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

I'm trying to set up a DiNovo Mini keyboard to work with btnx.
    I have successfully set up a "media player" button to be a middle click.
    It sends keyboard code 97 and mouse code 0x66 simultaneously, so I've set code 97 to nothing in xmodmap and mapped 0x66 to BTN_MIDDLE in btnx.
    Right now I'm struggling with "zoom in/out" buttons which happen to send only mouse codes.
    I want it to act as a scroll wheel. But when I map it to BTN_3 and BTN_4 respectively I see in xev: button 8 and button 9.
    I've tried to remap 8 and 9 in xmodmap: "pointer = 1 2 3 8 9" but it gives me "out of range" error and it indeed maps only first 5 buttons only.
    Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi, this question might seem a bit stupid, but I haven't found an answer to this yet...I got btnx to work nicely with my VX Revolution, but the search button keeps bringing up the "Tracker Search Tool" and I cant seem to get Gnome to disassociate that button with the Search tool.
    The problem is that xev doesn't seem to think the button is a button at all..I managed to narrow down what xev captured when I pressed the search button by pressing the left mouse button before and after the search button was pressed... here is the output:
    LeaveNotify event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x4800001,
    root 0x13b, subw 0x0, time 8349594, (30,42), root859,93),
    mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyInferior, same_screen YES,
    focus YES, state 0

FocusOut event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x4800001,
    mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

FocusIn event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x4800001,
    mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys: 59 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

FocusOut event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x4800001,
    mode NotifyNormal, detail NotifyNonlinear

PropertyNotify event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x4800001,
    atom 0x1ae (_NET_WM_ICON_GEOMETRY), time 8352960, state PropertyNewValue
    Again, this must be VERY simple, and I will feel like an idiot after I find out how to do this, but I am at a loss right now, so any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by 4Play View Post
    Hi, this question might seem a bit stupid, but I haven't found an answer to this yet...I got btnx to work nicely with my VX Revolution, but the search button keeps bringing up the "Tracker Search Tool" and I cant seem to get Gnome to disassociate that button with the Search tool.
    The problem is that xev doesn't seem to think the button is a button at all..I managed to narrow down what xev captured when I pressed the search button by pressing the left mouse button before and after the search button was pressed... here is the output:

Again, this must be VERY simple, and I will feel like an idiot after I find out how to do this, but I am at a loss right now, so any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
    What version of btnx are you running? I had that same problem with the ones that worked with Ubuntu versions earlier than Hardy. When I installed Hardy, I had to use a later version of btnx. I am currently running 4.11-hardy1 and don't have that problem with my revolution mouse.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks for the reply, btnx -v yields:
    btnx v.0.4.11
    Author: Olli Salonen <oasalonen@gmail.com>
    Compatible with btnx-config >= v.0.4.7
    I installed with apt-get so I should have the latest version...

perhaps it has something to do with 64 bit ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by 4Play View Post
    Thanks for the reply, btnx -v yields:

I installed with apt-get so I should have the latest version...

perhaps it has something to do with 64 bit ubuntu?
    That could be. I am running the 32 bit version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thanks for the awesome program...I have been able to configure my VX Nano to use the extra buttons for back/forward in nautilus...however I am having a problem that is keeping me awake trying to figure out.

I for the life of me can't get horizontal scrolling to work on this mouse at all...I have searched and searched all over the place to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

Beans

I´m having a little trouble trying to figure out what´s going on with my 5-button USB Intellimouse, and hopefully somebody can give me some ideas on getting the other buttons to work.

I´ve installed btnx and it seems to recognize when I click the other buttons. So I have 5 buttons, all enabled, and I believe configured properly.

Like I wanted a ¨copy¨ button, so I have button 5 set up with keycodes ¨key_c¨ and ¨key_leftctrl¨, which should be giving me the same that as hitting CTRL+C on the keyboard, as near as I can tell.

The problem is, when I run xev, there are no events happening when I hit buttons 4 and 5, and the wrong event when I hit button 3.

So here´s what I have in xorg.conf:
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "CorePointer"
    EndSection
    And here´s where it really gets questionable, doing $ cat /proc/bus/input/devices , I appear to have two different mice showing up:
    I: Bus=0003 Vendor=045e Product=0039 Version=0110
    N: Name="Microsoft Microsoft 5-Button Mouse with IntelliEye(TM)"
    P: Phys=usb-0000:00:1d.0-2/input0
    S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/input/input2
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=mouse1 event2
    B: EV=17
    B: KEY=1f0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=103
    B: MSC=10
    and:
    I: Bus=0000 Vendor=b216 Product=0001 Version=0000
    N: Name="btnx mouse"
    P: Phys=
    S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input9
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=mouse2 event7
    B: EV=7
    B: KEY=ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=103
    Is that my problem? That btnx created me, like, a ¨virtual¨ mouse that is not associated with my actual mouse?

Or am I doing something wrong, here?

And how do I fix this?

I have been studying this thing for days, but the more I read, the more confused I´m getting.

TIA

Beans

I'm having some issues geting btnx to recognize my mouse. I have the MX Revolution. And it doesn't recognize it at all D:

Here's my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "MouseMX"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2" # cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    Option "Name" "Logitech MX Revolution"
    Option "CorePointer"
    EndSection
    Not exactly sure what's wrong. I'm on Ubuntu Hardy.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PierreDeKat View Post
    I´m having a little trouble trying to figure out what´s going on with my 5-button USB Intellimouse, and hopefully somebody can give me some ideas on getting the other buttons to work.

I´ve installed btnx and it seems to recognize when I click the other buttons. So I have 5 buttons, all enabled, and I believe configured properly.

Like I wanted a ¨copy¨ button, so I have button 5 set up with keycodes ¨key_c¨ and ¨key_leftctrl¨, which should be giving me the same that as hitting CTRL+C on the keyboard, as near as I can tell.

The problem is, when I run xev, there are no events happening when I hit buttons 4 and 5, and the wrong event when I hit button 3.

So here´s what I have in xorg.conf:

And here´s where it really gets questionable, doing $ cat /proc/bus/input/devices , I appear to have two different mice showing up:

and:

Is that my problem? That btnx created me, like, a ¨virtual¨ mouse that is not associated with my actual mouse?

Or am I doing something wrong, here?

And how do I fix this?

I have been studying this thing for days, but the more I read, the more confused I´m getting.

TIA
    Oh my gosh, I am such an idiot! I had logged in and out several times after installing and configuring btnx, thinking that should be enough for X to catch up with the changes. Nope.

Shut down last night and booted up this morning, and my mouse works perfectly! Woohoo!

Thanks, btnx guys!

Beans

I have a Logitech VX Nano on Hardy and the two small buttons on the left side beside the left mouse button is used as forward and back by default. I used btnx to set these buttons as volume control and it worked fine except for the fact that it also executes the default forward and back at the same time. Basically each button does 2 different things. How can I fix this??? Also, when I enter:

sudo gedit etc/X11/xorg.conf

It is completely empty, no text or anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast