Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Error: cannot find GRLDR in all drive. CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Beans

Re: Error: cannot find GRLDR in all drive. CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Can anyone paste what the entire boot.ini should look like. I see people saying add this line here but if I saw what should be there I could just copy it.

Thanks

j

Beans

Hi,

I must admit that I haven't read through this whole thread, but maybe I can help someone since the problem is similar to the problem I had. You can maybe use part of my solution regarding booting GRUB on NTFS:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/inde...showtopic=7109

Here I describe using the newest GRUB4DOS, that can be found found here:

http://download.gna.org/grub4dos/

If this helps, great. Otherwise sorry to bother you

Best Regards,

Thomas Bille J.

Beans

Hi, I tried to boot by using a bootable USB created with Ubuntu's own "Create bootable USB device" program. I then tried to boot via this USB memory but got the missing GRLDR error. I copied glrd and menu.lst files from Grub4Dos but it still gave me some error messages and then led to a menu with all kinds of booting options. I tried to choose the usb memory but it just gave the GRLDR error and led back to menu. I tried also some option with Linux but it just led to dos.

Then I read thbj's guide (previous message) but there isn't a menu.lst in the USB created with Ubuntu's program. So should I still do the edits on C:\ as thbj guided or should I use some other option in the menu I described earlier (assumingly Grub4dos menu)

EDIT: Got Ubuntu to boot by using Unetbootin, weird thing thought that creating bootable USB in Ubuntu doesn't seem to work but..
    Last edited by radek-; February 23rd, 2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added info

Beans

I'm totally new to Linux/Ubuntu, and have been trying to install the new Ubuntu (Jaunty Jackalope) in windows, and I've been getting this exact same message.

I'm really shocked this this is now two years later, and the same problem is still there.

I don't understand most of what's in this thread, to be honest... And it seems like lots of other people didn't either... but I'd REALLY like to install Ubuntu in windows. i can't keep working with just the live disk, and I don't want to do that partition thingie until I know I want to keep Ubuntu.

I'd be REALLY grateful if anybody can offer any (easy to understand) advice.

I did error check and defrag my drive before installing Ubuntu, but it didn't help.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I too am having problems with this. I get the same error.
    I am trying to install Ubuntu with Unetbootin and it goes ok till I get to the OS choices screen and when I choose Unetbootin I get the error. Please could someone condense this information into a tidy little package and post the directions. I, as well as many other noobs would really appreciate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by thbj View Post
    Hi,

I must admit that I haven't read through this whole thread, but maybe I can help someone since the problem is similar to the problem I had. You can maybe use part of my solution regarding booting GRUB on NTFS:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/inde...showtopic=7109

Here I describe using the newest GRUB4DOS, that can be found found here:

http://download.gna.org/grub4dos/

If this helps, great. Otherwise sorry to bother you

Best Regards,

Thomas Bille J.
    I followed your directions to the letter but I am still getting the error.

Beans

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A210-287 laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 32 bit. The 320 GB hard drive includes a 1,6 GB EISA configuration hidden partition at the beginning, a C partition and an E partition (all NTFS). The letter D is already taken by the DVD drive.

I had installed ubuntu via wubi onto C and ran into the same problem as described above.

Then I uninstalled it from C and installed it to E, but the same problem occurred.

Then I looked with the help of BCEDIT to check the references and they looked ok to me. (It pointed to the ubuntu folder on E)

But the loader files where installed on C and after I moved the files from C to E it started to work.

Beans

So this problem still hasn't been resolved really?

I tried installing 10.04 on my dell "optiplex gx280" today and ran into this cannot frind grldr error when trying to boot from the cd.

any help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I also cannot get this working. This is a serious problem. Even doing anything wont allow me to use Ubuntu. PLEASE HELP!!!

Beans

Hello i get the same error message. When i try copy the grldr file to the c drive i get a windows message Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client

I am loggeed in as administrator and it is windows 7 ultimate.

´Thanks for the help.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast